Chapter 6

A FEW DAYS  LATER

Melody POV

School just finished for the day. I don't know whether to be happy about that or not. When I'm in school I want to be at home because of all the bullies I have to endure but when I'm at home I want to be in school because my mum and her boyfriend hurt me.

 I haven't got a place to go to where I feel safe.

I've forgotten what it feels like to feel safe, and let's not even talk about what it's like to be loved, that's a foreign concept.

I have to cook dinner for her and mark every night as well as the rest of the chores but today I can't, there isn't any food for me to cook with. Mum's going to kill me.

When I hear the front door unlock my legs start to shake beneath me.

"MELODY" she screams

"WHY CANT I SMELL FOOD COOKING?"

She walks towards me where I'm stood in the kitchen, mark only two steps behind her glaring at me.

"There wasn't any food" I stuttered

They both laugh at me

"Then why didn't you go buy some?"

"I don't have money" I said, I heard my voice crack at the end

"Oh so you want money off us now. Is it not enough that we give you a house to live in?" Mark sneered

"I'm sorry"

"Well don't be. We were talking and we've both finally had enough of you. We want you gone for good. We have got you a plane ticket and we want you on that plane tonight. We don't care where you go afterwards" my mum spat at me.

I didn't know what to think.

This was insane, they can't seriously just put me on a plane and get rid of me can they?

"You have ten minutes to grab a bag of stuff then mark is taking you the airport" she explained

"But mummy, where will I go?" I cried

"Don't call me mummy you pathetic little girl. I'm not your mum, I don't want anything to do with you" she screamed before her hand collided with my face.

I turned and ran upstairs. I looked around my bare room and realised I had nothing to take with me really.

I grabbed my backpack and put my staying strong book by Demi Lovato in it. I had saved up for ages to buy it, by finding spare change on the street. I picked up my mum's old iPod she had given me when she was drunk one time and put my spare change of clothes in my bag. Yes I only have two outfits. I wash them both every day, there's another reason for the kids at school to bully me. I opened the top draw next to my bed and took out my blades. Yes I'm 12 and cut but do you blame me with these parents. They also went in my bag. Last but not least I picked up my one friend off my bed. My teddy bear. Don't judge me but he's the only thing I have that makes me feel a little bit safe.