Chapter 8

Melody POV

Ok so let's go over some things. I am currently sat in the back of Wilmer Valderrama's car, while he and my idol are sat up front. They have found out I have nowhere to go and are taking me home with them. I have a letter in my bag off my mum but can't read it and I'm dying to know what it says. Part of me hopes it's a letter explaining why she treated me the way she did and that she's sorry and she loves me. I don't want to get my hopes up though, I'm pretty sure it won't be anything remotely affectionate.

"Melody?!" I hear my name being called so I quickly snap out of my daydream and look up to face Demi.

"Are you ok?" She asked

I simply nodded and smiled. She smiled warmly back at me and turned back round in her seat.

"Ok so what's the plan Dems?" Wilmer asked her as he started the car.

"Right ok, it's early evening so let's go to my moms and pick the baby up then head home and get melody settled in and introduce her to Millie" she stated

"Alright sounds like a plan to me, let's go"

And we were off. I had completely forgotten that Demi and Wilmer had a little girl. Now I feel really guilty, I don't want to take her parents away from her. And what if they want me to be this perfect role model of a big sister for her, she shouldn't have to look up to me. I'm the worst example for her.

Demi said it wasn't a long drive to her moms but I put my headphones in anyway. The first song that played when I pressed shuffle was warrior. Typical, whenever I'm emotional and trying not to cry this song always comes on.

Suck it up melody, no more tears.

After about twenty minutes Wilmer stopped outside of house I'm assuming belongs to Demi's parents. I take out my headphones and turn my attention to Demi who had once again turned round to face me.

"Sweetheart I'm just gonna run in and get the baby, will you be ok here with Wilmer for a minute. I don't expect you to meet my family right now"

I loved the sound of her voice, it was so sweet and soothing no matter what she was saying. Her voice alone made me feel like I could trust her.

Once again I nodded my head. She took this as her cue to jump out the car. I watched her as she made her way up the drive, she didn't knock at the front door she just walked straight in. That was her home once before I suppose

"So melody, let's play I spy while we wait" Wilmer suggested.

I swear he's a big kid

"Are you being serious?" I laughed

"Yeah why not? Demi said she'd be a minute but trust me we have about ten minutes to spare now"

"Fair enough, you start" I agreed.

I liked the way Wilmer was handling this situation, he wasn't asking me all sorts of questions about my background. He was just being natural and trying to form a bond. I appreciate him for that.

"Alright I spy with my little eye, something beginning with M"

We carried on playing until we noticed Demi walking back towards the car, carrying a little toddler who I recognise from all the pictures on the internet and in magazines.

Demi opened the car door and placed Millie in her car seat which was obviously next to me. Well kind of, the middle seat wasn't taken. Her big brown eyes studied me as her little brain tried to work out whether she recognised me or not.

"Hey baby girl" Wilmer said excitedly, turning round in his seat to speak to his daughter

"Dada" she giggled back at him.