Eight

Cover by mellycoco__

After an hour of arguing over whether or not they were going out, the girls finally managed to get Tilewa in decent outing clothes and headed to the nearest mall where they played virtual reality games and then headed to see a movie at the cinema.

"I still don't get why we had to see this movie o", Tilewa complained as they left the viewing theatre. "Complete waste of money, something that I can download and watch in my room, you guys just made me waste my money on movie tickets and overpriced snacks!"

"Omg Tilewa, take a chill pill", Eno shushed her.

"See this one, instead of you to be thanking God that you have friends to take you out, don't you know sitting at home all day can lead to depression?" Uzo quipped.

"Hmm, according to what research o, you have come again with your rubbish theories", Tilewa snapped, her voice taking an irritable tone.

"See ehn, I will not even allow you to annoy me, because I know what is doing you", Uzo replied walking ahead of the group, leaving Eno and Tilewa to walk in silence.

"Can I go home now?" Tilewa begged, facing Eno.

"No," she said in her mother tone "you just pissed Uzo off, go apologise."

Tilewa groaned. She hated when Eno got like this.

"Be quick about it, I'm hungry."

With a sigh, Tilewa doubled her pace and caught up with Uzo then bumped into her on purpose.

"You are very mad, you know." Uzo said.

Tilewa nodded with a sheepish smile.
And just like that, they had made up.

"Okay, can we get food now? I'm hungry", Eno said, emerging behind them.

After placing their orders at the food court, they headed over to a free table at the side of the room.

"Excuse me for a second", Uzo said, barely two seconds after they took their seats.

"Let me see pictures of my baby, it's been too long", Tilewa said, reaching for Eno's phone.

"Okay, I'm coming." Holding out the phone to Tilewa, Eno showed her the picture of a little girl in a colourful print dress on the screen. "This was taken yesterday, she wanted to wear the new dress her dad just bought for her even though we weren't going anywhere."

Tilewa laughed at that.

"Then we took these last week", Eno said, scrolling through a bunch of selfies.

"Aww she's so cute", Tilewa cooed.

"Ahem." The sound of Uzo clearing her throat in front of them caught their attention and they both looked up.

Standing beside Uzo were three men, all dark in complexion. The shortest amongst them had a nice haircut and was about Eno's height while the other two were most likely over 6ft. One was bald while the other seemed to be growing an afro. They all had something in common though, they sported bushy beards and were casually dressed in t-shirts and jeans with palm sandals to go.

"Guys, these are my friends, Tilewa and Eno", Uzo introduced them, then turning to her girls she said, "Babes, meet Gabriel," she motioned towards the short one "Majeed," she pointed at the tall bald one "and Ebuka.
"We just met while placing our orders and I was like, there's three of them and three of us, the more the merrier right?"

"Right" Eno said, her voice laced with fake enthusiasm.

It was just like Uzo to bring complete strangers to eat with them.