Two

"Tilewa, I'd like you to be at the meeting with the execs from YSG when they come by today."

Tilewa looked up from the computer she was working on and stared at her boss -Sinclair Phillips- like she had grown a second head, dressed in a bold purple gown with fuchsia pink heels in a combination that Tilewa would have imagined to be a nightmare to colours. Sinclair was quite the fashion icon as she managed to make this absurd colour medley work.

"What?" Tilewa asked nonplussed.
Sinclair went on to repeat her statement.

"Oh I heard you the first time, but the meeting with YSG is meant to be with the creative team. I'm not a creative, I'm just your assistant"

"And I am the Creative Director; so technically, you're part of the Creative Team," Sinclair said.

Tilewa sighed and gave her boss a hard look. "What's this about?" she asked.

Sinclair started to shake her head and was about to give a dismissive answer when Tilewa raised an eyebrow as if to say 'do-not-dare-lie-to-me'.

"Fine," her boss said with a sigh. "The guys from YSG never really like my pitch whenever they come by, but the last time you joined us in a meeting, things went a lot better than I would have normally expected, so I would like you to be there. You are my good luck charm."

Sinclair cringed as she beheld Tilewa's incredulous expression.

"Please Tilewa, I beg you," she began, cutting off whatever her assistant was going to say to send her point down the drain. "I need to nail this pitch for YSG to finalise the partnership. The MD called me to her office last week to ask why I haven't already bagged this deal. Please just help me."

Tilewa pursed her lips in a semi-pout as she always did whenever she was considering something she didn't like, before consenting with a sigh.

"Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!" Sinclair gushed excitedly before running back to her office.

Tilewa just stared at her retreating form in awe. Her boss was 6 years older than her and was one of the most creative minds in the game, but she was so child-like in her thought process sometimes and was always very disorganised; spontaneous announcements like this were her stock in trade. Just 3 months ago, Sinclair had asked Tilewa to become her assistant instead of serving as her secretary because she could barely keep up with her own life, with her disorganised nature and inability to even plan her own life accordingly.

She was a very free-spirited person who could alter the course of her whole life on a whim or a random thought. Tilewa's ability to pin her down to achieve her tasks and manage her life had Sinclair promote her from secretary to assistant with a significant percentage increase in her salary.

Shaking her head, Tilewa went back to her task on the computer system. The meeting was not for another 2 hours and she still had a lot that she could accomplish within that time.

***

"Tilewa! Tilewa! Tilewa! He's here! They're here!" Sinclair all but screamed, running out of her office with the sound of her high heels clitter-clattering all over the place.

"What?" Tilewa checked her timepiece; it was 15 minutes to the time of the meeting.

"They're here already, the execs from YSG!" Sinclair screamed.

"Okay, calm down," Tilewa replied, standing up to adjust her clothes. She was glad she had chosen to put on her mint coloured pantsuit with a white dress shirt and the green print shoes she had gotten for herself as a birthday present last year.

"Go downstairs and greet them for me," Sinclair declared.

"What?"

"You heard me! Go downstairs and greet them, then usher them to the board room."