The relief of forgiveness underneath the stars and amongst an uplifting atmosphere.

Running along the halls of the Uchiha residence, hand in hand.

Moments shared over coffee.

Plane rides to Paris in which she looked impossibly ethereal.

Cuddling and quiche and romance movies.

Sleeping against each other.

Compliments shared on a flowered balcony. 

A cute date that made him feel normal for once.

Cries and kisses underneath a tree and the afternoon sun.

Posing all intimate with each other, pink crystals clinging to their skin.

Officially dating at the Eiffel Tower.

And then...everything went wrong. Because of Kiba's words and Eloise's argument, but mostly, because of Sasuke's stupidity. He believed the two so quickly. It was so dumb, a pathetic way to chain a relationship that had begun to soar. 

I'm so damn stupid.

Sasuke awoke. Bright lights, hospital curtains and white ceilings greeted him along with a cry that sounded like Mikoto's. 

He turned on his side to face her, a crying wreck in the arms of a grave but surprised Fugaku. Then he became aware of the pain in his left eye, and the fact that he couldn't open it. His right arm felt lighter, no, it was completely - "Gone?"

It was exactly like Naruto's arm now. The blonde had lost his right arm in a car crash too when a drunk driver crashed into him. 

"Yeah," Itachi winced. Sasuke glanced over at him and Izumi who were standing on the side of the bed opposite to his parents. His elder brother held Izumi's hand tightly. "You did a reckless but brave thing. When the car crashed-"

"Hold on a second," he said slowly. "There was a car crash?"

The memories started coming back, details that were fuzzy and yet painfully clear. Fugaku nodded grimly, "Yeah. You, uh, let go of the steering wheel and your car crashed into another car coming from an alley way. Don't worry, the other people in the other car are safe and healthy. You and Sakura got the brunt of the crash."

Sakura.

"Where is she?" he demanded. "Where's Sakura? Is she safe? Is she uninjured? Is she...a-alive?"

Fugaku replied, "Thinking about my words now, I think I should've said that you got the brunt of the crash. Like Itachi said, you heroically grabbed her and pushed out of the car and covered her from the damage. She's healthy and safe, but the doctors are testing her right now for any signs of trauma. Luckily, she doesn't have any injuries, but you on the other hand..."

"Are littered with them," Sasuke realized, and Mikoto sobbed. "What happened, exactly?"

Izumi bit her lip, "The car fell onto your right arm damaged it so badly, the doctors thought it would be better to remove it to prevent any infections. A shard of glass pierced your eye, which is why you can't open it. Not to mention, the debris fell on you and bruised your skin..."

She faltered into a silence. 

Sasuke stared at the ceiling again. "How long have I been out?"

"Seventeen days."

He bolted upright, but Fugaku and Itachi forced him down again. Sasuke's eyes were wide, "Seventeen days?"

"Yeah," Itachi grimaced.