thirty one

S.U 

"Hell no," Sasuke scoffed, walking past Kiba into the lobby. 

"Sasuke, don't be like that," Kiba chuckled, following the Uchiha into the lobby. "What's wrong with having a talk with you?"

"I know your schemes," Sasuke whipped around to look at Kiba disgustingly. "I know that you're here to break Sakura and I up. We're fine on our own, so please go away before I send  you to the hospital."

"Jeez,  how aggressive," Kiba said slyly. 

Rolling his eyes, Sasuke headed towards the elevators before Kiba halted him.

"Don't you want to know why Sakura loves you?"

Sasuke turned around again. Kiba was sitting at a white armchair, gesturing for Sasuke to sit next to him. As if in a trance, Sasuke walked and sat in the armchair next to Kiba's.

The truth was, that question had been on Sasuke's mind a lot lately. Why him out of all the other males on Earth? It didn't matter who told him the answer; he just wanted to know.

"Well, you must be surprised someone besides your family loves you," Kiba smirked. "Your personality sucks ass."

"Look, if you're going act like this, go back to your dorm or I can send you to the hospital."

Kiba held up his hands. "Fine, fine. Okay, at least we confirmed one thing. Your personality definitely didn't cause Sakura to fall for you."

Sighing, Sasuke motioned with his hands. "Moving on from this subject, please."

"Alright," Kiba said. "Looks. Somehow the females of Earth, and some males, find you damn hot. Sakura could've dated you for your looks and your status which came with it. Which brings us onto the next reason; glamour.

"She wants to be famous like the Uchihas, and the best way to do that is to become one. Uchihas are invited to almost every party in New York and Los Angeles, she probably wants the glamour. And your house! The Uchiha residence is like a palace. Not to mention, the money."

"The money," murmured Sasuke. 

Kiba nodded along, and Sasuke was too busy thinking to notice the smirk on the former's face. "Don't forget, despite you two both having the same jobs, you are noticeably richer than her. Sakura's probably feeling frustrated because she'll never have as much money as you, considering the gender pay gap and the fact that you get higher paying clients.

"So, you do the math. Why does Sakura date you?"

To Sasuke, it was the simple truth that he had been denying for years. Sakura was different from those squealing fangirls like Karin, but that didn't mean that she dated him for his personality.

Because like Kiba had said before, his personality sucked ass. He was cold, distant and rude. That's just who Sasuke Uchiha was. A man with a pretty face, wealth, intelligence and absolutely nothing else. Except maybe honesty. Blunt, oblivious honesty. 

I'm foolish for thinking that Sakura ever liked me for my personality, Sasuke thought bitterly. She was like Karin; liking him for his outside, not even bothering to try and like his inside because it was impossible for anyone to like him for that. 

In a world where people were starting to think that the inside mattered more than the outside, it meant that people with Sasuke had nothing. And maybe that had dawned on Sakura those nine years ago when he had broken up with her in a selfish, harsh way.

Maybe she had played along with his efforts to get him back because she enjoyed the thrill of being rich and glamorous. And her thoughts were right; staying with Sasuke had increased her fame, the number of people asking for her to model for them and her financial income.