twenty

S.H 

It amazed Sakura how rich the Uchiha were.

She always knew, but experiencing it first hand hits differently. Being driven to a huge mansion with several fountains and tennis courts in a Porsche with swiveling chairs with a hired chauffer hits differently. Heck, they've already spent a minute in the drive way, and still not even halfway.

Usually this would've made Sakura beyond nervous, but today she felt different. She felt confident. And no, it didn't have to do with the cream coat and sunglasses that she was wearing that Ino thought was 'totally bad-ass'. She had a good feeling about this.

Plus, she had her friends with her.

Even if most of them were total idiots, they seemed to have calmed down for this trip. They were all seated nicely, all of them strangely quiet. 

"Quit looking at us like that, forehead," whispered Ino.

Well, they were quiet for most of the time.

"Aren't you nervous, Sakura?" Hinata said quietly. "I'm not even the one talking to Mr. Uchiha, yet my heart is pounding like crazy."

"I should be," Sakura confessed. "But for some reason, I'm not. I just feel so...confident and righteous."

"Did you have second thoughts on your decision about Sasuke?" Temari asked.

"No," Sakura said. "I'm still not going to tell him. I know it sounds bad, still keeping lies between us two. But he's dealt with so much already. It's my turn to fight for us."

Tenten sighed dreamily, "How romantic."

The car suddenly stopped. The gruff voice of the chauffer spoke, "We've arrived at the main Uchiha household. Only Sakura Haruno is permitted to leave this car."

Sakura took a deep breath before clambering out of the car.

"We're rooting for you, forehead!"

She smiled, but then it dropped as she took in the view in front of her. An entirely glass door greeted her, the glass so smooth she could see her reflection perfectly. There were at least ten security guards patrolling just that one door. She noted that if things got ugly in the meeting, multiple body guards could easily come and tie her up. Sakura tried not to think of that as she pushed open the door. 

A fresh wave of air-con and lavender hit her as she walked in to the house with marble floors and white pillars. A butler approached her, "May I help you?"

"Sato, it's fine," a familiar voice called. Sakura smiled at the familiar sight of Izumi. She had a happy glow to her face ever since she had married. Her mood reflected onto her outfit choice, a white dress with yellow flowers. Izumi smiled, "I'll take her."

Relieved that she was being accompanied by a friend, Sakura allowed herself to be lead by Izumi. The brunette glanced at her and said, "You feeling alright?"

"Yeah," Sakura said. "More confident than ever."

"Sorry for asking, I know you'll be fine," Izumi laughed before the conversation took a more serious turn. "Did you tell Sasuke?"

Sakura shook her head. "He's had enough to deal with. I don't want him to be fighting for us all the time, and I don't want to deepen the problem between him and Mr. Uchiha."

"Fair enough," Izumi shrugged before stopping at a glossy white door. She winked, "Good luck."

The pinkette drew her shoulders back before entering. Inside was an luxurious office, not that she had expected anything less. Bookshelves lined the walls, along with precious porcelain and jewels. A display cabinet had been set up right behind Fugaku, showcasing several medals, awards and trophies. Right in the middle, however, was a picture of the main Uchiha family.