nineteen

S.H 

Awkward.

That seemed to be the only word Sakura could think of to describe her first meeting with Sasuke after they sorted things out. 

They were currently in the waiting room of Senju HQ, along with Naruto, waiting for their boss to call them up for a meeting. It was completely silent with the exception of voices and people typing faintly in the distance. 

Naruto groaned, "I hate this silence! You two - make up already!"

Fiddling with her purse, Sakura nervously spoke up. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have questioned your choices. I just made things more confusing."

"I-I'm sorry, too," Sasuke apologized, turning his head away so Sakura couldn't see his face. "I shouldn't have lashed out like that."

There was a few pauses before Naruto spoke up again, "You're such a sorry duo. Why don't you thank each other instead? 

Sasuke rolled his eyes, slightly annoyed that Naruto was acting as if he was a therapist to help with their relationship. "Thank you, Sakura, for not yelling back at me."

"Thank you, Sasuke, for valuing me more than your family," a tiny smile played at her lips and her cheeks burned scarlet at she said that aloud.

"Ms. Sakura, Mr. Sasuke, Mr. Naruto," Shizune walked into the waiting room with Ton-ton, interrupting their conversation. She smiled. "Ms. Tsunade is waiting for you."

"No need to be so formal, Shizune," Sakura smiled back at her. Shizune lead the trio up to Tsunade's office, walking past the familiar hallways as Naruto was rambling on about something to Shizune.

Eventually they reached the office on the top floor. Tsunade looked as head strong as ever, even with a pile of paperwork next to her. She beckoned Sasuke, Sakura and Naruto towards her, "Take a seat."

They all complied silently and Shizune rushed to stand next to Tsunade's comfortable armchair. Tsunade cleared her throat. "Before I continue, I would like you to confirm whether the news about you being on good terms is merely a rumor or not."

"It's not a rumor," Naruto excitedly answered. Tsunade raised an eyebrow at Sasuke and Sakura.

"It's true," Sakura responded and Sasuke nodded.

"Great," smiled Tsunade. "Because, Sasuke and Sakura, an excellent opportunity for your jobs has just come through. Ever heard of Guren?"

"Oh," Sakura snapped her fingers in recognition. "Ino's talked about that company once. Guren, I'm talking about the boss, she's a jewelry maker, right?"

"Right," Tsunade nodded before handing out stunning photos of pink, flawless crystals. "As you can see from the photos, she excels in making these crystals. And she would like a couple of my models to model them. Of course, I called you in earlier than the other models just to privately confirm your relationship. I have selected a few of your friends, Sai and Ino, Shikamaru and Temari, Neji and Tenten, and yes, Naruto, you and Hinata."

Sakura frowned as Naruto let out an excited squeal. Tsunade continued, "Guren is offering quite a lot of money, and on top of that, the shoot is to take place in Paris. Not only is this an opportunity for your jobs, it's an opportunity for you and your friends to explore the world as young adults."

"Paris?" Naruto's eyes were shining. "Oh my gosh, there will be so many places to take Hinata out!"

"Yes, you can go on dates too, I suppose," Tsunade rolled her eyes playfully. She slid three mostly identical pieces of paper towards the trio. Sakura picked hers up and began scanning it.