twenty five

S.H 

"Itadakimasu!"

After they finished chorusing their thanks, both Sasuke and Sakura immediately started eating. Sasuke with his ratatouille and Sakura with her lobster bisque. She said in delight, "It's so good!"'

"Mhm," Sasuke nodded with his mouth full. Sakura giggled.

A couple of minutes passed in silence, the two just contendly eating without the need of a conversation. After a while, however, Sakura felt as though they were being a little too quiet.

The content silence turned awkward, and Sakura could only wonder to talk about. Think, Sakura, think!

"W-What's your favorite colour?" she asked randomly. 

Sasuke paused and looked up from his ratatouille, an eyebrow raised. "Why the random question?"

She fiddled with her fingers. "I just thought...maybe we could take advantage of this hangout and find out some basic things about each other. Our relationship is always so deep and emotional, I think we need some normal moments too. If that's too confusing just forget what I sa-"

"Dark blue."

"H-huh?"

"Dark blue," he repeated. "That's my favorite colour."

"O-Oh," she rubbed the back of her head sheepishly in realization. "I like blue too, but not dark blue. I prefer pale blue, like sky blue."

"Oh, that's nice," Sasuke nodded in response. "Favorite movie?"

"Titanic," Sakura instantly said. "That's my absolute favorite, but Me Before You and Five Feet Apart are a close second. You?"

"Parasite," Sasuke sipped his soda. "And The Conjuring. I'm a sucker for crime and horror movies. Anyways, in this world, where would you like to go?"

"Japan," Sakura replied. "It's home, to me. My family is there, and I just love exploring my culture."

Sasuke contemplated this. "I would like to go to Antarctica. It's the only continent I haven't been to, and I want to explore something unknown."

It was funny how their answers seemed to contrast the other so much. It was like they were polar opposites when it came down to it. 

"What, like Elsa?" laughed Sakura. 

"Minus the singing," Sasuke's lips curved upwards.

Sakura pouted. "I would love to see you sing 'Into the Unknown'."

"I'm sure your ears wouldn't," Sasuke added, and they both laughed.

Sakura swung her legs back and forth playfully, sipping on her juice as she enjoyed the moment. "If you were stranded on an island and could only take three things with you, what would they be?"

A smirk grew on Sasuke's face. "A picnic basket, a towel and you."

"Such weird objects," frowned Sakura. 

The smirk grew bigger. "Weird objects to have perfect dates with you all the time."

"Sasuke!" Sakura swatted his shoulder playfully as he chuckled at the sigh of her face burning. "Stop making me blush so much!"

"But you're cute when you blush," he said, causing her cheeks to turn even more red.

"Sasuke!"

"Alright, alright, I'll stop," he laughed. A comfortable silence settled over them, silence in the midst of a bustling restaurant. 

Sakura scraped the last bits of her dish off her plate and inserted them into her mouth. "The food is really good here."