twelve

S.U 

The youngest son of Fugaku Uchiha stared at the ceiling of his room, as he had been doing for the past hour or so. His mind was unrested, spinning with all kind of thoughts, concerning the coming up wedding, his father, his choice and most of all, her. 

Turning to his side, Sasuke shook the thoughts from his head. He knew he needed to move on. Everyone had been telling him that. In two years he was going to get married to somebody else, whether he liked it or not unless he found someone he loved before.

There was no chance of Sasuke falling in love while he still was in love. And Fugaku had already made it clear to him that she wasn't an option.

If his future bride was chosen by Fugaku, there was no doubt that they would have to be from a wealthy clan. His thoughts instantly went to the main branch of the Hyuuga clan. 

Hinata Hyuuga was already with Naruto, so Fugaku wouldn't choose her. Or would he? There was also Hanabi, Hinata's younger sister. She was single. Certainly Fugaku would consider her. 

There was also the Yamanaka, Akimichi, Nara, Aburame, Inuzuka and Sarutobi clans. But most of the offspring of the main branches were either male or taken. The Inuzukas had a female, but Sasuke didn't think that his father would favor the animal-like clan. 

Sasuke sighed, knowing that whoever his father chose, he would not be able to fall in love with. It would be a loveless marriage, its only purpose to strengthen family bonds, increase money and produce a child. 

A rather troubling thought struck Sasuke. What if his father still had an eye on the Uzumaki clan? What if Fugaku wanted another chance with Sasuke and her?

Yes, the redhead had matured, but he still didn't like her that much. Not after high school.

"Teme?" a sleepy voice broke the silence in the room. Naruto yawned before shuffling out of his bed. "Did you not get any sleep? Were you thinking until seven in the morning?"

"What does it look like, dobe?" Sasuke replied, turning onto his back. A feeling of unrest clouded his head. "I hate my family."

"Not Itachi," Naruto's voice sounded less sleepy as he pulled back the blinds. Yellow light poured in to the room and Sasuke winced. "Or your mum. Or Shisui. Or Obito. Or Izumi."

The other male sat up in bed, running a hand through his hair tiredly. "I know. It's just my father."

"Speaking of your family," Naruto sounded completely awake right now, a contrast to Sasuke who needed coffee. "Don't you have another wedding meeting in an hour?"

Sasuke closed his eyes and sighed again, wishing that he could just sleep through the day.

-------------------

S.H 

Sakura woke up with a groan and an aching back. She decided that the couch she slept on was definitely built for looks, and not for comfort, and silently cursed at Ino for forcing her into such an awkward place. 

Last night Sai had stayed over, and the original plan was for him to sleep on the couch, and Sakura peacefully on her own bed. But it turns out Sai and Ino's relationship had advanced quicker than she had thought, and their late night bar trip had resulted in them being slightly drunk and...let's say thriving to explore one another. 

Moving on, when Ino had set up her mind for something, she will do it. Being drunk only makes her more firm. And that's how Sakura was kicked out of her own room by her best friend to be replaced by Ino's boyfriend.