« 38 »

Jaemin sighs, still trying to figure out a good plan. He stood up from his desk, walking towards Renjun and Haechan's desk.

"Have you find another information?" Jaemin asks

Renjun took a deep breath, his eyes still focusing on the computer screen. "Well yes but it's quite, odd."

Haechan frowned, staring at Renjun's computer screen. "Isn't that the location of Mark-hyung and Miyoung's house?"

Renjun nods. "Yes, apparently the owner of this number is currenly there right now, but it doesn't make any sense. Yesterday, it shows that the number is out of reach, but now it's back here."

Jeno, Jisung, and Chenle joined them, staring at the computer screen.

"Shit, it might be a bait!" Chenle said

Jeno widened his eyes. "You're right! Whoever the owner of this number might want to fool us, by thinking they left the country, but the truth is they don't."

"Isn't the owner of this number is Miyoung's mom?" Jisung asks

Jaemin nods. "It might be her or it might also be someone else. But I'm sure she's the one behind this."

"Chenle have you figured out who that blood belongs to?" Haechan asks

Chenle nods. "Yes, it belongs to a middle aged woman named Choi Hyowon. I'm not actually sure who she is, but yeah."

Renjun nods, trying to find some informations about her. "It says here she's one of the patient from Neo Hospital, she died a few days ago. She was involved in some kind of an unknown accident."

Jeno frowned. "I'm 100% sure it's not an accident, someone must've murdered her."

Haechan's computer then began to ring, signalling an alert.

"What's that?" Jaemin asks

Haechan widened his eyes. "Shit, someone is trying to hack my computer."

Haechan walk back to his desk, typing some keywords to prevent the person to get informations from his computer.

After some time, he sighed, leaning back on his chair. "Finally, what a noob hacker."

"The person didn't get any of our data right?" Chenle asks

Haechan shook his head. "No, but I can see who just tried to hack my fucking computer. It's under the name HY3." 

"Who's HY3?" Jeno asks

Haechan shrugged. "No idea. Oh, by the way where's Mark-hyung and Miyoung?"

"They went back home because their father is back." Jaemin said

Renjun suddenly gasps, standing from his seat making everyone shocked.

"Guys, she's really there, with Miyoung and Mark-hyung."

Then, Jaemin's phone rings, signalling someone is calling him. He looked at the caller id, and he picked it up right away.

"Miyoung are you okay? Where are you?" Jaemin asks worriedly

"Jaemin, I'm scared."

Jaemin took a deep breath, trying to think of a solution. "Is she there? Where's Mark?"

"She's downstairs, talking with dad. I'm in Mark's room, he's here too."

"Don't go anywhere, can you please give the phone to Mark-hyung for a sec?" Jaemin said, his tone is way calmer now

"Yes Jaemin?"

"Hyung, just pretend you don't know anything about it. Tell Miyoung to do the same too, we're trying to figure out a plan."

Mark hummed. "Don't worry, I got this."

——✨

Miyoung and Mark walk downstairs, walking to the living room. Their parents are waiting for them there. They're nervous and scared, especially because they haven't seen their mother in years.

Miyoung took a deep breath, taking a seat in front of her mother. 

Her mother smiled at her. "Miyoung and Mark, long time no see my darling."

Miyoung faked a smile. She felt sick and disgusted by her.

"You're not my mother, don't call me that." Mark said

Miyoung stayed quiet. She could tell why her mother came back, she wanted to kill her own daughter. She felt her head spinning, and she just can't pin a point of why her own mother wanted to kill her.

"Mark I know you hate me but—"

"You deserved it. After all you done, you should be thankful they still want to see your face." Their father said, cutting her off

Miyoung took a deep breath. Her mother looked different, the last time she saw her face was probably when she was 7 years old, and she's already 17 now. 

Her mother smiled at them. "You both grew up well." 

"Can you leave now? I don't want you to be here." Mark said, clearly annoyed by her presence

Again, Miyoung stayed quiet. She felt uncomfortable and scared by her own mother's presence.

Her mother nods, standing up, walking towards the door. Miyoung and Mark followed her, leading her to the exit. 

"Miyoung," her mother said, turning around to face her

She flashed her a smile, a smile that has deep hidden meaning to it, almost like a threat.

"See you again, my daugther."

okay—

okay—