« 26 »

"Happy birthday Miyoung!" Mark screamed

Jisung, who is holding the cake, struggled to keep his balance because of Haechan who keeps on pushing him. "Hyung, stop pushing me! I'm holding the cake here."

Miyoung chuckled. "Aww, thanks you guys."

Renjun ruffled her hair. "You're finally the same age as Jisung."

"Hey, she's still my little Miyoung." Mark pouted

Miyoung chuckled, hugging her brother. She looked around, looking for a particular person.

"Where's Jaemin?" 

They all looked at her, feeling extremely sorry for her.

Chenle scratched the back of his head. "Um, he's not here. You know he's—"

Miyoung smiled lightly. "It's okay, I get it if he doesn't care about me yet."

"Alright, alright, let's forget about him for now it's your birthday you need to be happy!" Haechan said 

"Make a wish Miyoung!" Jeno said

Miyoung smiled, walking towards Jisung. She closed her eyes, making her wish.

"I wish Jaemin would finally accept me as his soulmate, and happiness for all of us." 

She opened her eyes, smiling befor blowing the candle.

"Happy birthday Miyoung." Jisung said, smiling at her.

——💗

Miyoung sighed, staring at the beautiful scenery. She's currently sitting alone, staring at the beautiful lake near her old house. She always go here every year, only on her birthday. Her mother used to play with her here, make sandwitches for her, and her father even celebrated her birthday here with her. But that was long time ago.

Ever since her parents divorced, she always go to this lake alone on her birthday as some sort of healing for her and some alone time. It's like travelling through her memory lane, the happy one. 

Mark lets her go here because it clears her mind, even though he hates the fact that she's going to a place that has so many history about their mother. But if that makes his sister happy, he'd always let her.

"Enjoying the view huh?" A voice said

Miyoung turned around, staring at who the voice belonged to. 

"Jaemin? What are you doing here?" 

Jaemin chuckled, taking a seat beside her. "I know it's your birthday, but I'm still older than you. You should call me 'oppa' you know?"

Miyoung blushed, hiding her smile. "Oh please. How do you know I'm here?"

"Mark told me." 

Of course, it must be Mark.

"So uh, how's your um, date?" She asks, hiding her said expression.

"What date?" 

Miyoung stared at him. "Your date with Hyeri?"

"Oh that, I cancelled my date with her." He said simply

"What? Why?" 

Jaemin shrugged. "I just wanted to. Oh yeah,"

He took a bag from his hand, handing it to Miyoung.

"What's this?" Miyoung asks

Jaemin smiled. "Your present."

Miyoung smiled, opening the bag. She smiled widely, seeing a beautiful diamond necklace.

"Really? This is too much Jaemin, thank you." She said

Jaemin smiled, taking the necklace from her hand. He puts it around her neck, helping her put it on. 

"It's beautiful," he said

Miyoung smiled, staring at him.

"Like you." He continued

Miyoung blushed at his words. Looking away from him. 

"Thank you Jaemin, really." She said, putting her head on his shoulder.

He smiled lightly, patting her head. He then intertwined his fingers with hers, smiling widely afterwards.

"Happy 17th birthday, Lee Miyoung."