Chapter 17

Adelia(pov)

Right now Atticus and I are back home since our master has given us a week of and we've been spending our time playing in the woods and training in the evenings always getting better and better. I am now living a life that was deprived of me by Adam who never let me go and visit my family and was forced to stay home with nothing to do but study but no matter. I'm broken out of thought by one of my younger cousin because right now were playing Hid-in go- seek oh how fun.

Irene(pov)

Ah I'm so happy now that the pest is gone even tho dad is panicking about her being gone but who cares dad is still getting money from the family and help from them, maybe I can bend this in my favor I have a tea party to attend to next week I'll have dad buy me a pretty dress and say that the Amarillys family paid for it then explain that since stupid Adelia is gone they decided to make me there niece since they liked me so much. Yes that seems perfect. It was a moment later that I hear dad screaming so I head to his office seeing mother there to "dear what's wrong" mothers say "oh it terrible the Amarillys have found out about Adelia being gone they just sent a letter" he says "well why wont you read it out to us" mother asked he nods and starts.

Dear Lord Falcon,

It has come to our attention that our niece has gone missing from your care. The reasons are unknown but since she is no longer in your care seeing how long she has been gone our help to your family will stop as of now. The money that has at the begining of this month will be sent back to us, expect someone to go collect it in a weeks time you will no longer be getting financial or political help. From heths forth we will no longer know you.

Good day
Head of the Amarillys family

When he finished it I felt rage knowing that they will be of no use if me anymore but keep it in and put on a sad smile on my face "oh daddy it will be okay you still have us" I say he smiles at us and pulls us in a hug. Once I get in my room I throw everything in a rage then having a maid come and clean. Well since I wont be able to get the Amarillys family on my side my only options are befriend or become engaged a person of high status or get the prince to realise his love for me. Honestly why does he keep me waiting why does he like playing hard to get, but in do time I will get what I want no matter what I have to do.

Adelia(pov)

I sigh as we head back, but know we can always come back getting there we greet Mr and Mrs.Cheng who tell us that we are the palace later so we are immediately rushed to a bath where we are washed and cleaned but the maids put scented oils in my hair even after they bath they put oils on my skin that smell good. When they finished I'm lead out of my room and see Atticus and see that we are in matching kimonos we smile at each other before we head off with Mr and Mrs.Cheng who complements us saying we look adorable matching together.

Once we arrived we great the emperor and empress and we have a seat as we are served food "so I hear you are from the Sun Empire" the empress say to us "yes we are" I responded back "what made you want to come here" the emperor asked this time

"We came to train here for a few years before returning home" I say he nods "I am curious but would you tell mr about your family" he asked he must have heard of my statuses "well my mother passed away not to long ago so I was taken in by her family, we are a united family who looks out for each other we always take pride in whatever one does as for my father I rather not discuss him for he abandoned us if you like I can show you a picture" I tell the emperor he thinks for a moment before nodding I grab my magic item and gently toss it in front of me so it project the picture of us in the garden posing as I and Atticus along with others are buried under some little ones but still smiling.

They nod "yes it seems that you and your family have a good bond" the emperor says nod after that we continue eating with some light taking. After while we are introduced to his son "this is my son Delun He" after the emperor said that he leads us to the garden where I enjoy the scenery "you girl your the one who defeated that boy last week" Delun said hmmmm this boy is quite rude.

"Yes I am but your Highness I have a name it would be nice for you to ask first instead of saying 'you girl' " I tell the prince he flushes for a second "how dare you" he says I turn to look at him and I look him strait in the eye and tell him in a stern voice "how dare I how dare you your Highness I respect you just as I respect any other person but I also wish for respect in return" he quite for a moment "alright you want my respect you have you earn it so I wish to have a friendly fight with you tomorrow here at the place since you are spending the night I'll see you at breakfast" he says and walks off. Sigh  what a day I thought as Atticus and I head to our shared room whatever I think and go to sleep.

I wake up the next morning wearing what I wore last  night and head to breakfast with the imperial family I get there and take a seat next to Atticus. "I heard that you and Delun wish to have a friendly spare after breakfast" the emperor say I nod with a smile "yes we both noticed that we seen each other in other spare so we decided why not have one today since we are here" I say the Emperor and Empress nod. Breakfast continues as normal untill we head off to change and come to the garden  the majesty a bit surprised by my attire.

"You'll be aloud to use weapons of your choice but no fatal injuries and you lose if you forfeit or are thrown out of bound" the urchin says as we stand inside the the big circle they made and everyone else's is seated and watching, we get in position and wait neither of us having a weapon "BEGIN" the urchin yells and Delun and I go at each other. We hit, block, and dodge untill I flip over him and kick him the back causing him to stumble he turn around and that when I go to attack I send a furry of attacks that he blocks with his arms untill I turn around  go behind him and kick the back of knee causing him to fall after that I move back.

That's when he gets his sword and I take out my fan with the knifes out already I hear the emperor and empress hummm in amazement because not a lot of people still use fans as weapons. At that last thought in mind I focus on the battle Delun and I clash at each other attacking and blocking and moving around. It almost feels like a dance I feel like we are in sync some how. It all ends when I flip Delun over my shoulder and grab him by the shirt and quickly slide him out of bounds.

"The winner is miss Adelia" the urchin says everyone claps "my you are quite good tell me did you train before coming here" the emperor asked my "yes before coming here I would train with my all my cousins and was quickly moved to advanced with my older cousins since I picked up everything fast" I tell him he nods "well I hope you enjoy your time here" he says and he and the empress leave having things to do.

It was then the prince came up to me "like I said the other day you have to earn my respect and you did so well done Adelia" he say I smile and bow to him this day was the mark of a beautiful friendship.