Chapter 144: Longing Chulian

Yun Ren Xie sent a glare at Nian Feng, she never knew it was him who entered the carriage, her expectations are servants would enter first before their master.

"Why are you here?" Nian Feng asked in a concerned tone but in truth, he is restraining the urge to kiss her. It waz his first time having such thought for Zhao Chulian!

"Cant depart." she answered shortly but the two words sent warmth to his heart. She cant stand to be seperated from him? Nian Feng blindly believed her but Yun Ren Xie just wished to finish the mission. The earlier she completed it, Yun Ren Xie will be able to leave this world. "Feng gege, my wrist hurt."

Nian Feng coughed shyly as he let go of her, the word 'Feng gege' kept repeating in his head. "Apology. Hurry and have a sit before the carriage moves." he gestured. Nian Feng and Zhao Chulian sat opposite with each other and a table seperated both of them. He is focused in reading the stacks of reports while Yun Ren Xie stared at him curiously.

Time have passed quickly when their carriage stopped, Yun Ren Xie and Nian Feng raised their head. "I'll go check it." he lightly said before lifting the curtain, Yun Ren Xie saw him stiffen.

Has Yu Lei drowned? She rushed at Nian Feng's side and peeked above his shoulder, something unexpected is what she saw. Xiang Zihui had a girl in his arms, they were both drenched from the water at the pond where he dived earlier. A soldier came and took the girl from his hold, he nonchalantly gave her as a cloak was draped to him.

Yun Ren Xie stepped back in two steps, this is not in the plot! It was supposedly Nian Feng but Xiang Zihui saved Yu Lei instead! In the story, only Nian Feng travelled towards the Chen City but Xiang Zihui came instead of staying in Shouchun to manage the imperial cabinet and Crown Prince Household.

What she feared is that, Yu Lei fell in love to Nian Feng when she opened her eyes after transmigrating, she was being held by him as they rose from the pond. Now that is was not Nian Feng, is it possible she fell for Xiang Zihui? This.... Its quite unacceptable!

She sat on the chair to calm herself, even if Yu Lei were to fall in love to Xiang Zihui, that transmigrator is an innocent modern woman who only knows how to seek comfort. There is also Yu Heng who became his first wife thus, Yu Lei wont have a chance to steal Xiang Zihui's attention.

"Host."

"Senior System?" Yun Ren Xie nearly jumped in fright.

"All missions were finished, Host should leave."

Yun Ren Xie froze, her face paled. She had been planning on leaving this world but why doesnt she have the heart to? Xiang Zihui's image appeared in her thought, is it because of him? Has the infatuation of Zhao Chulian affected her? Why would this sort of feeling grow?

"Ah Lian?" Nian Feng asked at the side, he saw how her expression went flustered.

She glanced at Nian Feng and smiled wryly before speaking with her guide. "Senior System, can I stay here for a few more weeks?"

The question stunned System, he stood quietly inside the dark void before his golden iris glowed menacingly. System is quiet but after a while, "Can."

Yun Ren Xie heaved a relief sigh, she doesnt want to depart! Maybe with just a glimpse of Xiang Zihui will satisfy her before she leave the worlds of dispute.

"Crown Prince saved a girl from the pond, she had been handed to a local villager here. Right, we are about to reach the city of Chen. This is quite dangerous." Nian Feng spoke while staring at Zhao Chulian, he thought maybe she is jealous at what she saw, after all, Xiang Zihui had been someone in her life.

"En." as expected. In the original plot, Nian Feng took Yu Lei with him, the village here is full of malicious men. But to Xiang Zihui, he let Yu Lei stay. What a heartless man he is. "Two more days before New Year's Eve, I cant tolerate being alone. Heng jiejie is always busy managing the estate. I dont have much acquiantances in the capital so I followed you and dage."

"Unreasonable." he sighed helplessly, how come the Zhao Chulian he met is slowly turning to a proper young miss then she would change into her childlike self again! Nian Feng cant win at all.

"But Im worried!"

Nian Feng chuckled slightly. "Lets get real, Ah Lian. Your using me as an excuse just to see Crown Prince." he turned his head sideways in order to avoid the girl's gaze, his eyes blinked for a few times with a smile of uneasiness. Yun Ren Xie knew how to read body languages and right now, Nian Feng is trying his best not to show how hurt he is.

"Im sorry...." she lowered her head as her lips went to a straight line. Its true that she wished to see him most before finishing her missions but he once more intervened subconsciously. As if Xiang Zihui wanted to help her or either hasten her leave.

"That is fine. Ah Lian, may I ask?" Nian Feng then faced her with a serious look, his eyes were half lidded while lowering his head as he bit his lower lip in hesitation. "Why did you... agree in my proposal?"

"Cause I thought, Feng gege can help me remove this sort of feeling for dage. You told me that I can dismiss every pain Heng jiejie left."

His eyes widened, Nian Feng stared at Zhao Chulian whose attention is focused on the handkerchief. Their whole travel were silent but not the slightest awkward. Once they reached Chen City, Nian Feng stealthily led Zhao Chulian to an inn. They had angered she would leave after five days and he promised to intercept letters from Yu Heng.

Yun Ren Xie cant sleep that night, she had troubles on her own. Xiang Zihui is always appearing in her thoughts, his name is rather eye catching. "Wo hui zhong shi Xiang Zihui (I will always Miss Purple Flames)." she whispered in the midst of lonely night, it was supposedly dark when the open window illuminated lights.

Her gaze shifted to the window while unmovingly laying on the bed.

Boom!

Fireworks rose from the sky, there were noises everywhere that she assumed it was from firecrackers, there were cheerful laughs and chats of civilians outside. Its the New Year's Eve, and she had to spend it all alone. Yun Ren Xie sat up with a dazed expression, a silhouette appeared on top of the windowsill.

"Lets go outside?" Nian Feng wore a dark suit, he is squatting on top of the windowsill while reaching one of his hands to Zhao Chulian.

"En. Wait there, I must wear something." she happily went to her closet, looking for something decent.

The man of course stepped in to open the door, he waited outside the room with crossed arms as he leaned on the wall. The door clicked and his adorable fiancèe came out.

Back in the military camp situated outside Chen City, Xiang Zihui have prepared a proper banquet for his soldiers. He suddenly remembered something from the past.