Chapter 5: The Emperor and I

While Gu Ling was sleeping on the branch, he wake up when he sensed a person's presence in front of him. He stretched out his hand and caught a slender soft arm. Surprised in what he felt, he opened his eyes and those dark iris of his gazed at the person in front of him, emotionless.

"Uh....Sorry for disturbing your rest. Ye Xue will leave then, sir!" Yun Ren Xie pulled her hand but Gu Ling held it more tightly. His lips curved but his mask blocked the beautiful sight of a man smiling.

"How come you got to this place that I almost not noticed your presence?" he asked straightforwardly.

Yun Ren Xie's hair stood back to its end. She was too obvious to show her hidden talent. Also, this girl, Fang Ye Xue's body were trained by the best martial artist that she can compare with shadow guards like Gu Ling. A general's child is also not as simple as those from court officials.

"Er.... this girl, Ye Xue has been trained since the age of eight by shifu." Yun Ren Xie did not remember who Fang Ye Xue's master is, and concealing it was also reasonable in front of him.

Gu Ling did not give up, looking straight at her eyes like he was trying to see through her soul. Gathering her courage, she looked back as an answer and never blink. He was about to give up when they heard a sound.

Both of them turned and saw five masked men in dark outfit standing on the other courtyard's roof. It was no doubt their here to get someone. Gu Ling strangely glanced at the girl, who is she? This girl have good ability in martial arts which he cant shake off, she was also found by his master at night where her clothes were drenched and blood clinging to her. When he attempted to strangle her, she was trembling and throwing a scared look but looking at her now, he realized it was her mask. This girl was staring at those men in black with hooded eyes, suddenly, she smiled as if something victorious popped in her thoughts.

"Not scared?" Gu Ling carelessly asked and Yun Ren Xie looked back at him.

"Oh, this girl is scared though but your here anyway. There's also your comrades hidden in all direction in that courtyard. Ye Xue will not die, but Gu Ling, it might be you or one of your fellow hidden guards will suffer." Yun Ren Xie spoke and her smile widened more when she disappeared out of his sight.

In one second, the door on the other courtyard opened and there was Yun Ren Xie, her hands intact behind the long sleeves. Who knew that she was carrying a small dagger in it? She stepped outside and five men rushed to her in a fast speed, showing their sharp swords and it borrowed the sun's light and it sparkled endlessly.

Gu Ling suddenly felt his breathing slowed. At first, he was uncertain to send his follow hidden guards but seeing the girl not moving, he cant help but raise his palm to show the sign of attacking.

Within a flash, all the five men got their head rolling on the ground, their body dropped and the pool of blood reached Yun Ren Xie's skirt. Gu Ling sighed, later, surely his master Li Si will punish him. That yellow robe the girl was wearing is one of Li Si's considered favorite cloth. Yellow and red created a blooming orange that hinted the harmony with the bright sun. Yun Ren Xie knew, Li Si will have an explosive temparament later. She knew him too well. If ever Li Si returned from meeting her father, whether her life be forfeited or not, atleast give that damn man a lesson along with Gu Ling.

Gu Ling appeared behind her and pulled Yun Ren Xie backward trying to throw her to the courtyard's strong pillar to give a taste of pain for what she intentionally or unintentionally did. Showing in front of assassin's without a hint was a foolish thing to do! But the girl held his arm and made him flip, his body crashing ruthlessly to a corpse. It's blood seeped to his dark cloth.

"Better go change before your white skin turn red." Yun Ren Xie laughed. Her voice was quite happy.

Gu Ling could only grit his teeth and leave. He doesnt even know why he followed what she said even though he was accustumed to the smell and sight of blood. While he was changing, he realized something's wrong.

"Ye Xue will not die, but Gu Ling, it might be you or your fellow hidden guards will suffer."

That girl's voice echoed in his mind endlessly. He cursed for not realizing what she said. Its true that it could be him or his fellow hidden guards will suffer. It was not about the fight that time but their master will. That girl is really the general's hidden daughter! She was left alone there with corpses and blood seeping into his master's yellow robe that she wore. That was why she lured him to change his suit to buy more time, it meant that Li Si will appear soon. It can be that General Fang is with him, and that girl will show that fake fragile side again!

What a headache!

He rushed after changing clothes and went straight to the courtyard where the girl was left. Just like he expected, he saw his master and General Fang on the doorstep. But the girl was wearing a clean white robe while a yellow clothing was on her arm.

Yun Ren Xie, upon seeing Fang Wang Zhen, her so-called father, she ran and towards him and hugged her father tightly. Her sobbing and whimper silently made the said cold and ruthless general show his loving and caring side.

"Dear Xiao Xue! What happened here? Did this bastard Minister punish you?"

Li Si's face went dark. As how he sees it, assassins attempted to kill Fang Ye Xue and a blood bathe happened that shocked her. Blood bathe? He looked at the girl crying like a child, now in white robe. The yellow robe dropped to the ground and there, he saw blood on his favorite yellow robe.

"F- Father! Prime Minister did not made any mistake! He saved me yesterday from drowning and took me here. He even secretly assigned hidden guards on my side and protected me from these assassins!" Yun Ren Xie innocently spoke with her tearful look. A beauty crying was really unbearable.