Chapter 59: Little Sun

"Still cant remember?" Yun Ren Xie asked, the young man went silent for a long time now, his thoughts were drifting far from their place.

Seimei stood up but the pain from his injuries made him stay in his place. His expression were unreadable however, the slight frown of his face can be seen in a closer look.

"Your leaving?" she remained in her half kneeling position, raising her head to look straight at Seimei.

He only walked past her however, the harmless demon girl seems to despise it as she quickly waved her hands and the windows along with the doors got closed. Little did she know that it'll cause her another internal injury. Good thing System is still watching her, healing the wounds within a second but Yun Ren Xie's mana have already dried up with just a small move.

"Clothes were loose, hair untidy, you think they will still look at you as a pure onmyoji?" she didnt hold out her mockery, getting Seimei a taste of her poisonous tongue. "And also, with that injury, most kitsunes will take advantage of this situation."

He unmovingly stood ramrod in front of the sealed door before slighlty turning at the frail looking girl. "None of them can touch me." Seimei responsed confidently, thinking of the bright Kitsune Bijin who always protected him.

Yun Ren Xie let out a scoff then went in front of him, getting close enough as she touched his sharp jaw. Seimei can tell she dont have the heart to kill him from the look of her eyes however, he never lowered his guard down.

"I heard that a fox demon killed hundreds of onmyojis when she found out her dearly Seimei went missing two days ago. The humans were scared at her but when she found out the man is still alive, she quickly left the city. Do you know how the higher ups acted upon learning THAT Seimei is still alive?" her soft voice were alluring yet her cold smile and frigid blue eyes are exactly the opposite, Seimei felt curious at what she is saying yet he hid his emotion very well.

"The Seimei was kicked out of the city." Yun Ren Xie frankly continued, amusement can be traced from her tone. "I just wonder who that Seimei is? It seems like that female demon fox like him so much that she can even create lots of enemies just to find the man's whereabouts. Such. A. Fool."

Seimei was at loss, he was kicked out of Kyoto? Those old bag of bones were really trying hard to remove him since they have seen him as a threat in their position. Hearing the news, he started to weigh his situation. If he stays here, wont the demons retaliate to him since he is an onmyoji? If he leave then he'll meet that troublesome kitsune.....

"You can stay here. I'll help you hide your human form." Yun Ren Xie can read his thoughts finally and let go of his chin. "No harms at all. Since I've saved you once, means I can do that multiple times."

"No need." he responsed. Seimei knew his freedom will be the trading chip. Also, his ego wont let this girl handle everything for him like she is a man responsible to Seimei. It was like he is hiding from the public thus, insults and failure are the other prizes he can gain.

"Abe no Seimei, this girl can make you stronger. Would you like revenge?" her lips curved upward, wont it be fun to take care of the main villain and the main male lead as her little brothers? She can just watch them fighting over everything and surely her days wont be that boring.

Seimei's blue eyes quizzically stared at those dark pool of iris. Make him stronger? Revenge? And this girl will teach him? He looked like fifteen years old demon however, he seems to forget the fact that the cat demon in front of him is already a hundred and fifty years old.

Yun Ren Xie swept her hands to the floor and piles of seals along with spells to disperse any type of evils appeared before them. From one glance, Seimei can feel the pressure the techniques has.

"Still wond budge? How about I tell you a story." Yun Ren Xie warmly said and went to the small table where she sat and poured the peach blossom tea at the two jade cups that popped out from her hands.

"There was once a child called Subarashi Fuyu, his father Emperor died before him and witnessed blood thirsts at a young age. Someone saved him and gave him shelter, the same person also taught him everything he needs to know. But, there is only one condition he needs to fulfill after the revenge. Nine years of harsh treatment from that person, nine years of perserverance just to achieve the highest peak and nine years of living with his saviour, exactly his foster sister. The traitors who are responsible against the late Emperor's death were killed by him, thousands of kitsunes cant stop him. He only needs to sway his weapon and hundreds of life befalls."

She took a sip at her tea before proceeding. "He have grown up enough for him to intimidate anyone, even the best of the onmyojis." she looked up and stared at the emotionless Seimei who leaned at the door with closed eyes and arms crossed. "But his foster sister regret one thing. Subarashi Fuyu became distant to her as he got closer to his life mission."

Seimei's eyelids opened but his eyes were hooded, still hard to discern what he is thinking. "And I wish, before I ascend to heaven or hell, help another person who seeks his life's worth. Just like Fuyu, after revenge, he got the throne. So, will you agree to be my foster brother?" Yun Ren Xie asked bluntly.

The young man tightly pressed his lips together as he stared back at the girl. He does need to get strong, but after that? What will he do?

"We can only find out once you finished your first goal." she said, making Seimei think she can read anyone's thought.

"You said there's a condition."

"Mm. One condition after you get strong." her smile grew wider as if she had expected this already. She then took out a dark jade bracelet from her sleeved then tossed it at Seimei. He caught it in time and wore it on his wrist. White fox ears and winter coloured tail emerged. His eyes went pale blue and the previous orange mark at the edge of his eyes went blue.

"Nice little brother." Yun Ren Xie stood up and tried to pat his head when Seimei caught her arms, telling her to stop. "Same as him. You really resemble Fuyu a bit but your more likely elegant than him since he lived a hard life. You'll meet your brother soon."

What Seimei did not expect is her next action, holding his chin, Yun Ren Xie opened her mouth and a pure white air went inside Seimei. He had the urge to push her away but before he could, the girl have stepped back. A sudden burst of energy surge forth from his veins, his wound getting healed up quickly. Seimei can only look at the girl with curiousity.

______________________

Three updates this Friday is a reward thanks to all of you my dear readers for reaching 4k reads!🥰