Chapter 83: Special Chapter

Arc 1: My dear Empress must compensate Zhen in the next life!

Arc 2: Even for thousand years, thousand suffering, I will wait for you my Little Sun

"Fuyu, Master is looking for you into his study." a disciple with the same age as mine called out.

I stopped my calligraphy and wiped my hands clean. Looking at the mirror, I tugged my long sleeves to cover up the bruise. Master never likes me acting too violent towards others but still, it seems like it runs through my blood.

"I can't hide anything to him at all." I whispered then frowned.

As I stepped outside my yard, the servant's would greet me warmly but I payed no heed.

"Look at Young Master Fuyu, he does resemble Master Seimei too much."

"I just wonder if he is not Master's son."

"Do you know eleven years back then, Master Seimei went to a village where everyone is slaughtered and it was rumoured that he came back here in Kyoto with an infant after a year of stay over there!"

"Also, some would say that before Master Seimei settled here in the capital, they would often see him with kitsune who courted him!"

"Shush you two! Young Master will hear you."

I remained indifferent.

Its not new to hear this sort of gossips but I tend not to listen nor believe about it. We do look the same, long winter hair and algid blue eyes. Sometimes, when Master and I go for a stroll at the busy market, the vendors would often mistake me as his son. What I found weird is that, Master wont correct them and only smiled gently with silence as an answer.

Then I would really question myself if I'm his son! Master never told me who I was since the beginning, only accepting my identity as Abe no Fuyu. When I ask him what my origin is, he wont speak but rather stare at me.

One time, when Master got drunk from drinking wine, I snuck in his room and found out he is still awake while dazedly looking at me.

That is when I heard him speak of something I can't quite understand.

"Subarashi Fuyu, do you still recall Chisona Taiyo?" he asked while propping his head over his arms that settled on top of the table.

"Ah? Who was it?"

Subarashi Fuyu, it meant Great Winter and my name is Winter. But the second one, who is the person called Chisona Taiyo? It was clearly Little Sun.

"Silly, you'd know if we see her once more and you matured!" he let out a chuckle which I found rare.

Master is a taciturn type of person, but if you provoke him, it was like poking the whole Heaven's reverse dragon scale.

I shook my head to stop remeniscing about the past. When I entered the open door, Master immediately caught my wrist and glanced at the bruise then me from time to time.

"Its not my fault! It was them who started it." I pulled my hands rudely and crossed my arms.

Master calmly looked at me. "Reason." he said, clearly ordering me to explain. See? He only speak one word!

"Those outer disciple dared to speak ill of Master and me, saying I'm your illegitimate child since you never married a woman before." I snorted. "Also, they said we were both gay. That is why, I crippled them to show I'm not what they are thinking off!"

He did not even responded to me as Master coolly sat on a divan.

"Master, are you really not going to marry?" I asked, can't hold my tongue actually.