Chapter 135: Longing Chulian

"That's impossible! His Majesty said I am more identical to that Fang Ye Xue! How come-" Concubine Mu backed away in two steps, her maid helped her stand up.

"This One have seen her being carried by His Majesty personally, three days ago. And I, as an acquaintance of the late Empress Fang is sure the girl is like her own self. Mu Rong, dont you think its time to back down? His Majesty have favored you for half a year already." Imperial Concubine Zhao is playing her words, she seems to be saying Concubine Mu had enough food and one should not be greedy.

In truth, she wanted the child in Mu Rong's womb to die. Every woman in a harem will do everything to bring the man back to their side, even Imperial Concubine Zhao tried to use her pregnancy to irritate Fang Ye Xue back then but before that even happened, she heard Ying Zheng had brought Fang Ye Xue's dead body inside the palace. She doesnt know how to react.

Behind the closed door of the dragon chamber, Imperial Concubine Zhao leaned on the wall. She can hear Ying Zheng's agony and her heart wavered. The Emperor she knew who is cold is nowhere to be found, the Emperor she always thought whose heart is made of stone is not there, her view of him changed. Imperial Concubine Zhao placed both her hand on top of her stomach. She have loved him once but after Ying Zheng showed no interest in her, the feelings were burrowed deep but now it sprouted anew.

Imperial Concubine Zhao knew her jealousy to Fang Ye Xue is quite unreasonable, if only she hadnt shown such cold and arrogant attitude to that girl, will Ying Zheng treat her like this? He kept on pressuring her, even her noble household slowly depleted after she used the guards to beat Fang Ye Xue up. But now only did she understood, Ying Zheng has never been her's in the first place.

The envy, hatred, jealousy that she felt to Fang Ye Xue vanished. That girl never done anything wrong to her, only she is the one who believed Fang Ye Xue seduced the man she loved. Isnt it useless to do such stuff since Ying Zheng never reciprocated? Moreover, she is being unreasonable that time.

Without a word, she left the palace where Ying Zheng lived. Later on, Imperial Concubine Zhao shut herself within her courtyard, rumours spread His Majesty took in concubines who resembled like Fang Ye Xue after he renovated Xue Lianhua palace. What's more, Fang Ye Xue was granted the title of an Empress after her death. The most ridiculous rumour is, Ying Zheng has been searching for an immortal pill that can bring the dead back to life.

Imperial Concubine Zhao gave birth without him knowing, when Ying Zheng found out, he personally came and decreed his first son Crown Prince Qin'er, Ying Zhao Qin'er. Gratified but at the same time hesitant to agree with such title. Concubines after concubines tried to kill her son, Ying Zheng never caught a wind of it. For the past grievances she did to Fang Ye Xue, no wonder he is heartless towards her.

Now, a new woman is expecting His Majesty's second child. In order to secure her son's only title, Imperial Concubine Zhao is calculative. She first dug a pit for the new concubine Ying Zheng brought in where Mu Rong will surely jump in. Of course, it could be either Mu Rong or the new girl who will kill the child. Wont this rage Ying Zheng? Who will he chose then? Nevertheless, she never cared and the only goal in her mind is to remove that fetus.

If her guess are correct, Ying Zheng will choose the new girl which is obvious. Imperial Concubine Zhao would latch on the new concubine. She is sure Ying Zheng will soon give the title of an empress to the new girl, isnt the Xue Lianhua palace an evidence? Afterwards, she would do her best to befriend the girl, protect the naive empress and gain benifits. She is not interested on being the empress who will stay beside Ying Zheng, her son is enough for her and keeping that child close to his father and future mother empress is the safest thing.

"His Majesty... doesnt love me anymore?" Mu Rong's tear fell from her face, she stood weakly and bewildered.

"Right. But you bear His Majesty's child, dont you?" the corner of her lips went to an arc. "That's all, this One just want to enlighten you. Haha!" Imperial Concubine laughed heartily as she left Mu Rong's courtyard.

"How dare she laugh at me!" the concubine threw cup after cup to the wall, its shattering sound rang across the whole room as the maids trembled in fear. Mu Rong suddenly stopped upon remembering what Imperial Concubine said, that's right! The child of Ying Zheng is inside her!

On the other side, Yun Ren Xie stared at the silhouette on top of white snow that were as tranquil and pale as the bright full moon, hanging above the sky. Ying Zheng is closing his eyes while playing the flute in his grasp, a jade flute that Yun Ren Xie is familiar with. Even the song is making her heart beat fast.

The red string that attached to the flute waved before the winter breeze is what Yun Ren Xie can recall, she knew that flute is her's but not her's. It was Fang Ye Xue's flute but now that she is Zhao Chulian, she cant assume things that were originally from her first host to be her fifth host's.

After the song is finished, Yun Ren Xie smiled at him. "Your Majesty, it may sound inappropriate but.... I think its better to sing it vocally?" she recalled how he hummed Sound of Falling Snow, the way his mesmerizing voice sang each melody, that was the day where she finally left.

Ying Zheng slowly approached her, he sat beside Zhao Chulian and fixed his gaze at the starry night. Without any sound of agreement, Ying Zheng moved his lips. The lyrics of the song matched him well, maybe he has a talent of singing? Yun Ren Xie would have surely be his number one fan if he gets to enter a singing competition!

I slowly admire the sound of falling snow
As if you stick to me speaking romantically
Open my eye, the snow across the sky is heartless
Who will compensate me from the loss of good prospects in this life

After a long silence, she chuckled at how serious he looked. "Your Majesty, why are you too gloomy all of a sudden?"

Ying Zheng lowered his gaze before turning to look at her. "You must have heard the tale of Zhen's late Empress. Chulian, you can call Zhen anything you wanted." he smiled wryly but in his eyes, thousand of sorrows were hidden beneath.

"Since I dont know your name.... Wuming should be fine?"

This made Ying Zheng freeze, his lips parted a bit in shock. But Yun Ren Xie didnt know, she is staring at the fathomless sky. "Your- I mean, Wuming, can you narrate the tale of your Empress?"