Chapter 66: Little Sun

The day of Seimei's birthday banquet came, lots of nobles attended including infamous onmyojis who wants to establish relationship with him. Young ladies came in hope for them to be noticed by the young master Seimei.

Yun Ren Xie stared at Seimei, in his formal white kimono with blue fox intricates, he looked quite scholarly and elegant. "Dont forget your mask." she pick up a newly made silver mask with the usual style, covering half of his face.

Seimei kept quite then held Yun Ren Xie's wrist, stopping her from placing the mask. "Dont."

"What? You prefer showing your face now? You seem to be planning in hooking all the ladies hearts out there." a sly smile formed on her face making Seimei stiff.

"Mistress? The consort selection is about to start." their butler knocked at the door.

"Coming."

Soon enough, Yun Ren Xie escorted Seimei into the main hall, walking side by side. Everyone present knew that the girl is the Mistress of this wealthy estate who adopted a younger brother in the past nine years and now, took in a new foster brother, Abe Seimei who was once the trash onmyoji but now a famous young evil disperser. They were amazed at how Chisona Taiyo raised Seimei into a well known onmyoji within a year! However, they were also curious where the previous young master Fuyu went.

No one dared to ask since Chisona Taiyo have came back but changed her attitude into an aloof Mistress. They also heard rumours about Chisona Taiyo being angry when Subarashi Fuyu's name is mentioned, as a result, that person got his tongue cut yet survived his days like living hell.

All attention went to the man beside her, he has a long silky white hair and deep blue eyes that were the same with the previous young master. A slight makeup is applied around his eyes with the colour of blue. His posture were elegant and gave off an aura of a young daimyo, truly a young master in this wealthy estate.

Yun Ren Xie sat at her throne that have high stairs and Seimei stood beside her, it was like a female emperor with her consultant beside.

"Today is my second ototo's (younger brother) brithday and also, its almost time for him to pick a wife. Young girls who wished to show off their skills can perform at the stage." her soft voice lingered around the main hall and men were undoubtly falling to her. Who cant appreciate a beauty like her? She is said to be older than Seimei yet still looking young! Also, add on the fact she owned the large estate after her parent's death and managed it until a flourishing noble house with land deeds.

For them, she is a treasure everyone should thrive for. Even her wealth can be on par with the Emperor's. A loving sister, beautiful mistress and kind noble.

The girls eyed on Seimei as well, since he did not speak about this matter, then it means he'd select a wife! All of the officials came and drag their most reknown daughters to perform, even the Emperor arrived with his daughter.

Yun Ren Xie watched from the chaos below with amusement. "Seimei, look, even the Emperor's most treasured princess is here to win your heart." smirking at the scene, she thought this is too ironic.

The however, did not respond and continued to watch the young girls. After the performances, it was time for giving gifts. All of them presented invaluable treasures yet the Mistress never said a word of appraisal. Just plainly looking at them, even Seimei is emotionless, calmly glancing at each presents without much emotion.

Ah, seems like these pair of foster brother and sister have grown into luxury since young that they wont even bat an eye at the priceless gifts we bought.....

"All right, its time for picking my future sister in law. Seimei, step up now." Yun Ren Xie lazily sat on her throne while maids fed her kyoho.

Seimei swept his gaze at the young girls below him, some were nervous, others have high hopes and some were confident. However....

"I did say I'll agree with this but.... I never promised anything about choosing my actual fiance. Also, I found none of you are suitable for an aloof man like me." humble in every way yet clearly a provocative speech for all of them.

The young girls were really blinded by love that they took it as a praise. Yun Ren Xie painfully held her mocking laugh and replaced it with a cold snort.

Not far from her seat is the forty year old emperor, raising his brows in confusion as to why this pair of siblings seems to be on top of the world.

"Say, what is good about this Seimei? Isnt he just a young master of this wealthy estate?" he asked his servant beside him.

"Your Majesty, have you not know that Abe no Seimei is once an onmyoji at Kyoto but got kicked out and then Miss Chisona Taiyo took him in as her younger brother. After a year of stay, he earned a lot of fame by dispersing evils without effort, even demon lords are afraid of him! Everyone believed it was Miss Taiyo who taught him since her ancestors have been onmyojis from the past." the servant boy said with a bright expression, clearly idolizing Seimei.

"My, why have this piece of information not reached me? Then what about this Miss Taiyo, isnt she too young to be a big sister for this Seimei?"

"Miss Taiyo said before that her family have the bloodline of onmyojis and have a secret method in preserving their youth. Her parents died at her age of twelve and yet managed this estate like an adult! She even bought farmlands for the commoners to work after and earned lots of wealth! All the families that worked under her have flourished and this estate became more richer! Also, she is a kind woman when young master Fuyu is still around her-" the servant boy stopped midway in realizing his mistake. He really feared that someone heard him mentioning Fuyu.

"What? Anything the matter? Continue! And who is the young master Fuyu?" the emperor impatiently asked.

"Y-Your Majesty! Its forbidden to mention that name!" the boy whispered in a panic tone when he suddenly felt a cold aura being sent to him. As he turned around, he saw Chisona Taiyo approaching them. He quickly shivered in fear.

"Ah, just in time Miss Taiyo." the Emperor raised his cup of wine and so did Yun Ren Xie while smiling sweetly.

"Your Majesty, it was this servants negligence in not being able to welcome you." she sat in front of the Emperor while sipping her wine.

"We were just speaking about you and the Young Master Fuyu my servant mentioned. I would like to know who he is?"

Yun Ren Xie stopped and dazedly stared at the wine before raising her head. "He was.... my previous foster ototo." she calmly answered but the Emperor noticed the cold tone in her voice.

"Oh? Then where is he?"

"Fuyu found his parents while in a vacation. I knew its out of my opinion anymore thus I willingly let him be with his parents. However, Fuyu never visited me again and in sudden impulse, I took the fallen Seimei as my new younger brother then started to teach him new techniques."

The unheard story of Chisona Taiyo broke the Emperor and servant's heart.