Chapter 32: Shadow of Naginata Blades

'Host! There's only thirty minutes left!' Baoshi reminded Soma. 'If host fails the missions, you will also fail the plane.'

Upon hearing Baoshi's warning, Yun Ren Xie trembled, Ishi can feel her miss' hands shaking as she held it. Why did even Yun Ren Xie came to this system? Is it not to gain the heaven's full favor? Why does she want to obtain the heaven's favor? Its for saving someone important to her. Saving her life, her memories, and the one she loved, Zhao Huang Cai.

Ever since she completed the first plane, her memories have recovered. She was afraid once failing this mission will restrain her from achieving her very goal. 

Glancing around her, only Souji is fit to help her find Saito Hajime. She pulled her hand from Ishi and walked towards the busy Souji. Soma breathed heavily as she tugged at Souji's sleeve, he was tall and she cant reach out to pat his shoulder.

Souji turned and was surprised to see the girl, she have red cheeks for being exposed under the sun, her big clear eyes were full of calmness as she stared at him, not thinking how oppresive Souji's gaze is. He changed his indiffrent attitude into an amiable one to not scare the beauty in front of him. "Hm?"

"Excuse me mister but, do you know where Saito Hajime is?" she politely asked with a childish tone.

"You know him?"

"He's my brother and I have a bad feeling for not finding him now. Maybe mister can help me look for him?"

He kept quiet for a few seconds. Souji nodded and talked a bit with his subordinates before getting back to Soma's place. "We can go. He's not patrolling today so we can just visit his current home." he said and without  a word, he willfully grabbed Soma's hand. "Dont quibble. Hold my hand so you wont get lost. Reo, come and escort the little maid." Souji called one of his subordinate to guide Ishi as to not get lost. Both the girls have no idea how crowded it is outside the shrine.

Soma obeyed him and when they got outside the shrine, lots of people were there, buying more before entering the gardens inside for cherry viewing. As they got deeper going against the crowds direction, its harder to get out. She unconsciously let her two fair hands grab unto Souji's arm as to not get pushed.

Finally, they both reached a place where there are lesser people. Soma heaved a sigh then felt someone staring at her. She looked up to meet Souji's gaze.

"Something the matter?" she asked.

However, he only shook his head and sneered while looking at another direction as if he was shy. Soma saw his ear red and thought he might be really uncomfortable from the stuffy road they just walked through but still, she was hesitating if it was the truth. "Souji, your ears are red. Are you sick?" just as she asked, they heard a person holding its laugh.

"Pffft!"

Turning behind them, Ishi and Reo were there. Reo covered his mouth then coughed when he saw how cold his captain is looking at him.

"You know my name?" Souji changed the subject, he clearly doesnt want to answer it and this girl might thought he is a pervert. How can he not blush when a girl is sticking at you too close escpecially when she's an incomparable beauty?!

He sighed heavily, why wont she let go of his arm? Is she that too innocent? Souji wanted to slap his face for such thought. He is a gentleman! A gentleman! And a gentleman should not think of beastly thoughts against pure maidens.

"I can see through the future and identity of persons around me. Nakano is right in front of us after a few seconds." Soma said although part of it is true, she is the creator of this plane so she can have everything she wanted. Nakano Takeko is a famous female samurai and she is just sixteen this year but already a master of martial arts. Nakano is also the fourth female lead she paired for Souji.

Yun Ren Xie's readers called them the pair of great bravery for everyones benefit but low trust of their love. The chapter of year 1865, Nakano kept avoiding Souji and soon enough, their love went to an end. An extra chapter drawn by Yun Ren Xie illustrated how Nakano grieved for Souji's death before she died a few months later, being beheaded by her sister. It made everyone's heart break, Yun Ren Xie decided to not let that happen again since Souji and Nakano have experienced how hard it is once, she wont let it happen again for the second time.

Just as she mentioned Nakano Takeko's name, Souji's eyes widened and blushed. He was five years older than Nakano but it is not the barrier to stop them bud feelings.

"Souji?" a crisp voice of a girl said in front of them. Souji and Soma turned only to see a pair of narrowed amber eyes, criticizing Soma with a slight glare.

Soma slowly stepped back and noticed how clingy she is on Souji then let go of his arm. Sweats formed on her forehead as she looked towards another direction, the main leads she created have different oppresive auras which can make their opponent tremble with fear.

"N-Nakano...." Souji stammered as he manage to pull out a smile.

"She seems like a daughter of a daimyo base on how she dressed. Who is this young miss?" Nakano removed her indiffrent side as she walked further to Soma with a bit warmth.

*Daimyo were like noble lords or so

"Miss Nakano must be joking? Im big brother Saito's sister." Soma used a portion of her sleeve to cover half of her face.

"Saito?" Nakano's brows crunched.

"Saito Hajime." Souji spoke up. "She was looking for her brother and I voluntarily came to help her with Reo."

"Is that so." Nakano drew closer to Soma and smiled wider, suddenly pinching Soma's cheeks. "Your too cute to be that coffin face's sister. He's too devious while your too pure to look at." she complemented Soma.

Soma did not expect her Nakano to be sudden friendly to her and she cant help but reveal the future of Nakano as they held hand. "Nakano, you'll get beheaded by your sister but its not about her feelings and it was you who is responsible of it." Soma whispered in a serious tone, she doesnt care if Nakano thought of her as a crazy person, what she cares the most is Nakano's awareness of her future. She felt Nakano is a person she can toy with, even Souji or Hijikita but not on Saito. Life is boring if its full of calm tides, why not make waves of rift?

*Presenting to the readers, our female teenage onna-bugeisha! Nakano Takekoヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ

ヽ(*≧ω≦)

History Tip: At the age of sixteen, Nakano Takeko became a master of martial arts. I dont know much about her but we can say she also led a war against bandits who went berserk to Aizu clan and the government. She became a threat to the enemies and offered lots of rewards for her head. Before she die, she told her sister to behead her as to not let the enemies present her head. Her sister unwillingly did it, just how much of a heart ache it is to behead your sister who protected you and molded your true strength.