Chapter 39: Shadow of Naginata Blades

"Miss, are you lost here?"

She retracted her gaze unto to wisteria flowers and turned at the person behind her. The golden pair of orbs welcomed her with warmth and showed off its gentleness. A delicate spring breeze pass by, making the wisteria flowers flutter with grace as its petal slowly fell downwards. Yun Ren Xie have never seen a beauty before, her stone cold heart started to soften and the walls she built for years were easily crumbled by the man's appearance. From then on, she have cherished this memory of her, meeting the seventeen year old Zhao Huang Cai really made a great change in her life.

She no longer used a simple way of hairstyle, she have started to use small amounts of her untouched make ups and dressed elegantly until she catched his heart and became lovers. But sometimes, she felt he was not the Huang Cai she knew. Yun Ren Xie only have few knowledge about him and he can be mysterious as he can. She never used her mafia connections to unlock her curiosity because Zhao Huang Cai always guess right.

Sometines he can also be weird saying, "We've also met under the wisteria tree back then and its really a funny meeting." which Yun Ren Xie cant understand since their first meeting was under the wisteria tree of their school wasnt awkward nor funny.

Yun Ren Xie slowly woke up from her deep slumber, her vision was yet to be cleared when she saw a man in front of her. So close that when she raised her head, their face were almost touching. "Naito?" she dazedly said. Her emotions were really pouring out without her consent but when her vision were clear enough, she voiced out her thought.

"You are Shadow?" he asked and stood up, even with a mask, Hijikita knows how beautiful the girl is. Long lashes and clear dark eyes that seems familiar to him.

"Yup!" Yun Ren Xie leaned on the tree while sitting on the floor. Her gaze was focused on Hijikita's face, why does he have a mismatched pair of eyes?

"Im here to tell you dont try meddling with the Shogunate's business. You dont even have enough evidence for the accusation and killed those people without mercy, crippled them awfully and let the innocent children witness their family slaughtered." Hijikita kept his guard since this girl can kill anyone without reason at all.

"No evidence? Here." Yun Ren Xie tossed a small piece of paper on Hijikita. "Tonight, Im pretty sure those names I have written will escape. Also, Naito Hayato is ungrateful. You threw mud at me after I saved you? After I helped you? Dont think of me as a mindless bitch like Okoto, of course I wont charge to a battle ground without a weapon." with that, she left the place in a flash.

Hijikita Toushirou suddenly remember what happened when Okoto was taken as a hostage. Shadow and the mysterious girl were one. How stupid of him to not remember. He looked at the paper on his grasp and decided to guard one of them tonight.

Dusk have come and Hijikita stealthily went to Harada Abe's house. He was familiar with this person and just as he was walking lightly towards the wooden house, the door slides open and he saw Harada Abe with his wife and two children, carrying a bag each. His eyes went cold as he held unto his sword.

"Harada, where are you going?" his ice cold voice matched the fresh yet piercing blow of winds. The family stopped then Harada told his family to back out.

The man glared at Hijikita Toushirou and quickly pulled out a sword while sprinting towards Hijikita. However, Hijikita did not even budge and within a second, Harada is already lying on the misty ground with his upper body sliced half. Harada's wife screamed in anguish which made the nearby houses to be lit up.

"Follow me to the station so you will be interrogated." Hijikita have read the paper Shadow have given, the only witness for the Hasegawa case is Harada and his wife. The woman nodded silently while tears were streaming uncontrollably.

Harada's wife followed Hijikita but as soon as he turned his back, she took out a small dagger and aimed at Hijikita. A dark silhouette kicked her face hard. She even flew for meters by the impact and her face turned disordered while blood were gushing out of her nose.

"Tch." Yun Ren Xie came from the top of a tall sakura tree then jumped down to kick the woman.

On the other side, Hijikita Toushirou have seen everything. His heart leaped as he have thought Shadow tried to save him.

"Bitch! Who are you?!" the woman shouted, her disheveled and bloody appearance  made her look even more scarier than the spirits.

"Im here to ask, do you know Tsumetai Hasegawa?" Yun Ren Xie crossed her arms as her bloody red iris glowed through the darkness, her frigid voice made the woman shiver. "Not answering?"

Yun Ren Xie grabbed one of the wailing child at the age of five. She took out her naginata and created a small cut on the child's neck. As a mother, the woman cant help but feel scared. "Please! Let go of my child! I'll tell you everything!"

"Everyone who have witnessed everything that happened here, its not bullying the weak but bringing justice to our country!" Yun Ren Xie yelled with her inner force, loud enough for the onlookers to hear her. "I bet you all heard what happened to the Hasegawa family, they tried to assassinate a shogun representative by sending a fifth branch family from them. This woman here will be the witness for the grave crime of Hasegawa estate so dont even try throwing mud at us who are onna bugeishas and samurais!" with that, the mysterious girl left.

But all of the onlookers still remember the mysterious girl's chilly bloody iris and her dark naginata. She was then describe a person one with the shadows and a righteous warrior thus, calling her as the Shadow of Naginata Blades.

The next night, another family from a nearby village were slaughtered without mercy, the bodies of men were turned half while women no longer have eyes, good thing no child were born in that family. They were again labeled as traitorous rebels by Shadow and always left enough evidence. The same thing happened for nine nights and Hijikita Toushirou always accompanied Shadow.

People have adored their hero since not only eliminating the rebels but also helping crimes reduced. From then on, they favored Shadow especially men since they already knew Shadow was a girl.

"Do you think Nakano Takeko was Shadow?"

"No, they said shadow have a red pair of eyes!"

"Also, those who have seen her said that she have a slim body and snow white skin!"

"How I wish to date her...."

"Dont even think!"

One night, Yun Ren Xie was out to hunt new preys again. Just as she stepped in front of the new estate, a group of higher ups appeared to help her and among them were Hijikita, Kaozue and Kondo. They were all blood soaked yet still managed to give their bows to her.