Thirteen|| The Call

Thank you babes for being so patient and waiting so long. I'm back in my groove, so expect the War Moon to be on schedule (knock on wood haha) unless some tragic accident occurs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh snap!" Tay whistled, watching Sarge and Ace spar. They weren't holding back very much, which was something considering the two were perfect killing machines.

"This is normal," Olivia said, shaking her head. "You should see when they go all pro wrestler on each other."

"They do that?" Tay asked, her eyes wide with excitement. I laughed.

"It's very interesting." I said, nodding. Tay turned her focus back onto the two giants with doubled interest, waiting excitedly for an even more entertaining fight to occur.

"So," Olivia laid her head on my shoulder, and I sighed. I remembered when we were kids, we would always sneak up onto the roof of the pack house and watch the sunset together. She'd lay her head on my shoulder and I'd put my arm around her. I missed that.

"So," I repeated when she was distracted by the loud sound of Ace's heavy body hitting the ground. Sarge stood over him, smirking, but not for very long. Ace kicked Sarge's legs out from underneath him and rolled over to the side, popping up to his feet.

Sarge barely regained his balance in time to block an impressive right hook.

"How are things? Ya know, with Oliver?" Olivia asked me.

"Oh, you mean your 'name twin' as Jared puts it?" I asked, rolling my eyes. Tay laughed, overhearing my unamused remark.

"So I'm not the only person he uses that nickname with?" Tay glanced back over her shoulder at us, her eyes bright as she smiled widely.

"He brought it up once. I don't think he'll ever use it with me again," Olivia rolled her eyes. "I'm much better looking, obviously."

"Hmm, I beg to differ," I objected teasingly, and she scoffed.

"You don't count. You're the mate." Olivia turned to Tay. "Tay?" she asked expectantly. The olive skinned girl immediately shook her head.

"Oh no. Absolutely not. I am Switzerland on this one, guys. If I choose one, either one of you is gonna kill me," she gestured to the two of us. "And if I say Oliver's hot, Jared's gonna get jealous and I'll never hear the end of how I wounded his fragile ego," she snorted, and that sent Olivia and I off into rounds of loud laughter.

"Are you kidding me? His head is a hot air balloon! His ego is the size of the state!" Olivia cried, still laughing.

"Large? Yes. But it's still fragile." Tay insisted.

"She's not wrong," I sang, and we all snickered.

"Oh, go spar each other," Olivia said through her laughter, waving at Tay and I dismissively. We both shrugged and got to our feet.

"Okay." I said, shrugging off my jacket and walking over to the mat. Tay and I took our positions on the other side of the mat, blocking out the distractions of Ace and Sarge going at it again. The cold early December breeze brought goosebumps up on my skin, but once Tay and I started sparring, it felt nice.

Rebecca grabbed Tay around her shoulders when she was doubled over and flipped her over. Tay landed on her back with a loud thud, letting out a surprised wheeze. "That was really good," Tay wheezed out, and I smiled softly, offering her my hand and helping her to her feet.

"You left yourself too exposed when you went for my stomach. Make sure to spin out of my grip when I grab you like that." I told her. She nodded, and we went again. When I grabbed her around her shoulders, she twisted her body, twisting one of my arms and forcing me to let go before she dislocated my shoulder.