Five|| The War Pack

The car rolled up through the front gate, pausing in the driveway at the steps. The door opened and Renee stepped out, smiling up at me, brushing her blonde hair away from her eyes.

"I'm ready to meet this mate of yours," Renee said teasingly as she approached me, hugging me.

"Shut up," I muttered, and she laughed.

"You okay?" she asked, pulling away to look me up and down.

"I'm fine." I nodded.

"I watched that cadet you're obsessed with, Tay? She seems promising." Renee said as I led her inside. When the doors opened, she looked around, her jaw dropping.

"Damn! I can see why you didn't want to come home!"

"Don't even," I said with a laugh, shaking my head.

"Does it have a training room?" she asked. I nodded.

"An entire subfloor."

"Nice," she whistled, looking around. "Got a bar?"

"You're not touching it," I said sternly, and she glared at me playfully.

"Fine, be like that, Alpha." she scoffed, rolling her eyes teasingly.

"Is she here?" Oliver came down the stairs, and Renee's eyes widened, her jaw hitting the floor again.

"You didn't tell me he was a stud!" Renee nudged me, whispering. My wolf growled possessively, and I rolled my eyes.

"Can it," I said with exasperation.

"Okay. Just saying," she added in a conspiring tone. "Green is not a good color on you." she winked and walked away.

I stared after her, stunned. But then again, I wasn't really surprised.

I turned back to see Oliver smirking at me, and he walked down the steps, pausing on the last one. "A stud, huh?" he asked smugly.

"She needs glasses," I replied, and he chuckled.

"Okay," he said lowly, brushing past me and following Renee into the kitchen. I rolled my eyes up to the heavens.

Really, Moon Goddess? Really?

----------------

"That lake is so pretty!" Daisy gushed, her face pressed to the glass of the car window.

"Look, there's a skating rink!" Jack exclaimed, his face pressed to the glass on the other side of the car.

They sat in the very back of the SUV, and Oliver sat in the middle seat, texting someone on his phone. I watched out of the corner of my eye as the guard drove us through the gates of my pack.

Renee was in the passenger seat, typing away on her phone.

"Welcome to the War Pack," Renee said without looking up, grinning. Oliver looked up and his eyes widened as he looked around at my pack. Pride soared in me as he looked around, stunned by my pack's beauty.

The guard pulled up to the pack house and stopped in front of the large steps to the red brick mansion.

I got out of the car and the others followed suit. Jared was waiting on the steps, and he hurried down them to approach me.

"Kaden is waiting on the secure line, he wants to speak to you." Jared whispered into my ear in hushed tones, his voice so low that no one else could hear him. "It's about Mitus."

My heart stilled every time I heard that name. I prayed to God it wasn't something bad. I nodded to him, and turned to the others. Oliver was watching us closely, a bit of jealousy in his eyes because of how close Jared was to me.