Chapter 35: The blackness of a storm

Start from the beginning

"There's no here I thought heard someone inside," Antonio stated.

"You must be hearing things," Theo replied.

Nicky waited for them to move before she could make her move. Once she did gunfire erupt and all hell would break loose. They had no idea who they were dealing with? She wasn't just some hacker and assassin but the daughter of Russian Intelligence officers. And that made her more lethal then she was. Kenton and Sandino must have arranged somehow to get the paintings and relics to the black market wherever it was.

She knew that once the painting and relics got sold on the black market the money, would go finance terrorism. This was more than paintings and relics. That's why she wasn't going to let that happen. She brought up her suppressed Rugger.22 and sprinted out from behind the crates firing some shots at the gunmen before they could turn around to return fire.

"Stop her," Antonio yelled.

Nicky saw the door straight ahead but knew by now more of Sandino gunmen, and Kenton's men would coming rushing toward. She could eliminate them all with one shot if she had to. Just then of the Sandino's gunmen burst through the door rushing towards her. Before Nicky could come from behind grabbing her hair and slammed her against the wall.

"Take her out and kill her, "Theo stated.

Nicky dropped her Ruger.22 and slammed her elbow strike into the gunmen Kidney knocking the breath out of him. Then she brought up her and kicked him so hard in the groan that the MP5 fell out of his hands.

"You just made a big mistake," Nicky told him.

She grabbed the MP5  submachine gun from the ground pulled the trigger as she fired some rounds into the two Sandino gunmen were talking. She pivoted and slammed the butt of the MP5 into the gunman's head knocking him out cold. She grabbed the door with her other free hand as, she ran out sprinting pass the gunshots that erupted from the gunmen coming after her.

Nicky quickly looked around for the taxi that had brought her to the warehouse, not seeing it she spotted the van that Sandino men had driven in. She made way over to the van and looked in through the window to see she could spot the keys. She was pretty sure that more gunmen would be coming after her. She needed to get back to the ship and grab her laptop from her cabin crew room.

Hearing more steps fastly approaching from everywhere. Smashing the window with the butt of the MP5 submachine gun as she reached in to open the door. Pivoted and open fire as bullets flew in the air dropping the gunmen to the ground. She tossed the MP5 submachine on the ground.

She couldn't see the keys anywhere Maybe one of the gunmen had the keys on him. She couldn't take the chance so she would have to hotwire the engine to get out of here.

Nicky stepped out walked over to the front of the van and opened it up where the engine was. Everything looked fined.

She closed the front engine trunk strolling over the driver side and climbed she reached down to hotwire the wires to start the engine. She sped out and down the narrow street heading back to the cruise port.

She was sure that Don Sandino would hear about it sooner later. She kept glancing back in the rearview mirror to see if anyone was following nothing so far. This had been a close call to close to call. But at least she found out where they kept were keeping the paints and relics. 

She clicked her earpiece saying" Lex I'm on way back to the ship to grab my laptop and then I'm heading to the Airport to catch the next flight out,"

Lex's Pov

Lex'ss earpiece It was Nicky."Okay You'll be careful I'll meet you at the safe house to go over a plan to recruit Leslie and infiltrate the black market," I remarked.

Nicky pulled up a of blocks away from the cruise port and parked the van stepping out, and closed the door. Knowing that the port authority would be watching for her. She would have to be thread careful. Nicky quickly and quietly made her way over to the cruise port; as she blended into the crowd of people that were Boarding. After that, she made down into the plaza and down the staircase with the golden brass railing to the crew cabin.

She sprinted down the corridor passing by some crew members that were sauntering along talking on the way the cabin where she left her laptop.

Entering the cabin she sauntered over to the table; grabbing the laptop, and quickly sprinted out of the cabin up the corridor and went staircase out into the plaza. Nicky rushed out down the gangway making her way onto the port.

She spotted one port authorities slowly walking her way over to the port. Relax she told herself he didn't see you okay. Her instincts were on high alert. With her right hand that she reached across into her shoulder holster that holstered her suppressed Ruger.

The customs officer in his tracks turning to see her walking in his way, with the laptop in his her hand. She dropped the laptop on the pier; withdrawing her suppressed Glock clutched in her grip. Her eyes narrows, her finger rested on the trigger

Where the hell did you go Miss Storm," the customs officer questioned.

"I went a nice stroll to get some fresh air Okay," Nicky remarked.

"I find that hard to believe because Miss Storm especially since you were nowhere to be found, and now you have your laptop," the customs officer stated.

Nicky pulled the trigger firing a bullet into the customs officer; then her suppressed Rugger slipped back into her shoulder holster and grabbed her laptop sprinting back over to the van where she parked it. She grabbed the door jumped, closing the door, and hotwired it again. She then drove out heading to Naples International Airport.

Nicky pulled into the parking lot outside of the Airport; grabbing her laptop and, stepped out closing the door. Then she ventured across the street into the Airport and strolled over to the Airline counter to purpose her ticket to her flight to Malta.

After she had gotten her ticket, she took the escalator up to the departure. She slipped off her shoulder holster before she walked through security the line was moving very quickly. She placed her laptop and shoulder holster handing over her passport over to the security officer. She strolled through the metal detector.

Then she grabbed her shoulder holster slipping it back on and, snatched her laptop as she ventured over to the departure and sat down in one of the seats waiting for the boarding call.

A few minutes later, she boarded the flight walking up the aisle to her seat, and sat down. She decided to get some rest knowing that taking down the black market was going to dicy and dangerous. In an hour so she would be landing in Malta.