Chapter 1: The Sports Festival

Start from the beginning

Bakugou's mind returns to that night, no longer conscious of his surroundings.

He can't hear the jeers of a crowd yelling about his "villainous behavior" and booing his performance.

All he hears are multiple people's shouts of encouragement directed towards the body as it comes closer to him.

He can't take it.

He can't.

He can't.

He can't.

He can't.

He can't.

He can't.

It hurts.

It hurts so fucking badly.

Tears fall from Bakugou's wide, petrified eyes and only the shallowest and quickest of breaths escape from his trembling body and through the metal strapped to his face. Even these breaths seem painful and tear at his lungs as they escape him, never to return.

Just like his stolen innocence.

His legs quake and he would most definitely have fallen to the ground if not for the chains holding him up in front of the spectating crowd.

Bakugou gasps as he feels the metal being pulled from his face and fresh air touches his ghostly pale skin. Relief floods him and his mind works to clear itself for barely a fraction of a moment until he feels something else.

Something being shoved into his mouth.

Panicked eyes widen impossibly as Bakugou clenches his teeth shut against the intruder.

No.

No.

No.

Nonononnonononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononono

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

This can't be happening.

Not again.

Never again.

How could this happen?

Why?

Bakugou's trembling jaw is wrenched down and his mouth is forced open for the object that his brain mistakes for something far different. All that fills his mind is terror and the need to vomit and be rid of the thing, his mind pleading desperately to be released from this torture.

Tears cascade down his face as his teeth clench down on whatever is now in his mouth.

He doesn't want to think about it.

He can't anymore.

It's too painful to think about.

It hurts too much.

It was too painful.

Why did nobody help him?

He wants to be a hero, but why did a hero not save him?

Because...

He doesn't deserve it.

He's too weak.

Bakugou clenches his teeth and screws his pained eyes shut, facing the sky above him.

He's a failure.

All he can do is stand there, trembling and helpless, tears falling silently over his sickly pale skin, and wait for it all to end.

•••

After an unknown amount of time of the same suffering that felt like days' worth to Bakugou, he feels movement in his chains and flinches forwards, away from where someone is twiddling with his chains on the pole.

Blind panic seizes him again, eyes flitting from side to side, and his breathing becomes erratic.

Why is someone behind him?

Why there of all places?

Why is this happening?

Are they going to continue from where they left off?

He struggles against his bindings like a wild animal, snarling defensively out of terror. All that the spectators who lagged behind the others recognize in the teen's expression is anger and aggression and Bakugou continues ignoring the voice behind him that increases in volume with each of the tugs from behind.

Eventually, his mind goes blank again like before he woke up bound, and Bakugou loses consciousness, falling into darkness. The last thing he sees and feels as his terrified eyes close is the metal once again being strapped to his jaw.

————————————————

YA'LL ARE PROBABLY SO DONE WITH HEARING THIS, BUT IM SORRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYY!! Our baby boy is going to have a lot of PTSD stuff going on in this one.😬

Also, I'm working on my own book (not on wattpad) rn and I've gotta keep it as my priority so my updates may be less often than usual but they'll still be really often in terms of this app lol
Thank you💙💙

-Angry
Word Count: 1059