R E S E T

Poor old Clockwork watched as the sea crashed in on itself, creating a splash huge enough for the droplets of the ocean to rain upon the yacht they were in.

Jeff was smart enough to buy a yacht using the credit card Ben had given him, knowing it would come in handy someday.

And today was that day!

Clockwork continued to watch the ocean, wondering why she even needed to tag along until.. the man that caused the gloomy weather stood a feet beside her. She tensed, obviously, as all people-both human or not, should be.

"I did not know you admire me, Clockwork." Slenderman spoke in a slightly pitiful tone.

Clockwork scoffed, swatting the air as if she was physically swatting the topic away; but she knew too well not to do that. She took a deep breath before letting it all out in a form of a sentence: "It isn't admiration, it's love."

It was Slenderman's turn to tense up, the atmosphere felt uncomfortable; in unison to the feelings of the creature beside her. Clockwork smiled nonetheless as she watched the waves crashed with each other.

"Funny," she started, earning a glance from the faceless creature-Mika was taking a break from using her magic to change their general appearance-Clockwork turned to look at the man beside her, "how love could both make the world go round and make an individual's world crumble."

She could feel the sympathy radiating from the faceless man, "Don't." She murmured, holding up a hand.

"I am sorry, but I-"

"You love Gaster, we know. I understand."

She felt Slenderman smile, it wasn't the type of smile that says Yeah, I'm in love with him so so much.

It was the smile that makes you go; oh shit, that's not good.

"What's wrong?" Clockwork immediately asked.

"I admit, I do love Gaster. But I am not supposed to." Clockwork remained silent, Slenderman continued, "Gaster.. He is not from the world. He is not destined to be in our realm. He never should have been here. That's why I.."

"You don't want anybody else?" She could feel the sorrowful smile embedded on his face, she reached for his hand and squeezed it comfortingly into her own. "Slenderman, I-"

"I only wish for the safety of everyone, even if it costs me my life."

The atmosphere felt suffocating right then, the sea calmed and the birds stopped squawking. The sun stopped providing its ray and the world.. even if it was just for a minute, remained silent.

"Slenderman, I do not think-"

The yacht rocked aggressively back and forth, but no waves were causing it to act like it. The sound of hinges contracting echoed from the vast open space, which added to the confusion they were feeling.

But amidst the chaos and rocking of the boat; Gaster stood steadily, lifted his head to look up the sky and just in time, a huge patch of gray clouds enveloped the sky until it firmly surrounds their yacht. It even covered the way they came from, completely blocking the view of the shore.

"We're here." Gaster announced solemnly, his hands resting inside the opposite of his sleeves. He turned to Slenderman and Clockwork with a cold and stern expression, "Let us prepare."

• • • • • • • -

The yacht floats endlessly into the sea, in which direction they did not know, but they have been aware that they were going nowhere with the thick fog ahead.