Chapter XIII

The sun was supposed to gracefully ascend from the dark horizon at exactly 3 hours from now(I believe, I am no weatherman so I wouldn't know the exactness of the fact). Apparently, it wasn't. It was 3:01 in the morning and my eyes were as wide as saucers flying across time and space.

I didn't know what woke me or what the reason was. But somehow, here I am. Still trapped in the blonde wraith's embrace with my spirit and conscious wide awake.

I need some milk.

And it wasn't a Vine reference. I really do need some milk. It helped me go to sleep. Mom always had them in the fridge somewhere. Hopefully with the mansion having Sally and all, they have milk in stored.

Carefully, I wiggled out of the elfin's grasp successfully and landed on my butt on the floor ungracefully. Somehow, the whole ruckus didn't woke the blonde wraith and I stealthily made my way to my door.

Once out of the comfort of my room, I began my midnight stroll towards the kitchen. The mansion was spookily dark and unsettlingly calm during the night and it sent unwanted shivers down my spine. I pushed the thought at the back of my head and carried on my merry way to the kitchen.

On my way, however, I heard a faint noise of someone sobbing. The hair on my back stood and I froze on my spot. The sobbing was coming from the kitchen. Great. Just where I need to be. Hopefully, this wasn't one of their pranks to spook out the Proxy.

I ascended towards the kitchen cautiously, making a mental note to myself to scream for Slenderman when things didn't go as planned. I reached the kitchen and saw a familiar light that illuminates its structure.

It was the refrigerator.

I peeked through the wall carefully and saw a figure crouched over the fridge, their face dug into their palm as the sobbing now grew in volume. From the pattern of their back and their clothing, as well as their tousled brown hair, I realized that the figure was Masky.

I made my way toward the body and gently placed a hand on his back. He whipped from his spot and nearly slashed me with a fork. I gasped and he did too. "Azzy, I am so sorry. You-You startled me. I didn't mean to hurt you, I—"

I shushed him, soothingly as I took the fork from his hand. "What are you doing so late at night?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

"I couldn't sleep and I went here to get some milk. What about you? Were you.. crying moments ago?"

He didn't respond for a good three second before he sighed. "I guess there's no hiding it, huh?"

"Yes, now tell me, what's wrong?"

He was silent for a good minute(not that I was counting, but it really did took him a while to respond). "It really shouldn't concern you, Azzy. I'm fine. Just.. get your milk and I'll go straight to bed." He uttered rapidly as he stood, away from my hold and rushed back to where his room was supposed to be with a quick, "Goodnight, see you tomorrow."

I sighed and went on finding the carton of milk in the fridge when I saw a photograph hanging from the fridge's vegetable rack. I took a close observation of the photo and saw four people in it.

The photo consists of both Masky and Hoodie, an arm wrapped around each other's shoulder, their masks covered their faces, but I could tell they wore smiles that reached their ears. Ben was in it, as well. His arm wrapped around another figure's waist. He was caught in mid-laughter with his mouth open wide in such a contagious smile, his eyes closed out of pure happiness and his entire posture was facing towards another figure.