Chapter XXXI

[ I need to confirm something from you guys.

Do you find it weird if the author responds to your comments?

I mean, I always try to find something to say whenever you guys comment something within the story. But what's stopping me lately is the fact that maybe some of you doesn't really want that.

That you guys may be uncomfortable and weird whenever I do that.

Please do inform me, I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable.

Anywho, hope you're having a fun day! ]

Stay Determined, Sweetums!~
( ´ ♡ ' )

・・・・✪・・・・✪ ・・・・

I held my hand out, palm open, fingers stretched towards the midnight sun. I gritted my teeth as I grunted, forcing whatever it was I needed to force out.

I groaned as it achieved nothing. "This is pointless!"

"No, no! I saw it moving, do it again." Ben encouraged, and I did. I repeated the same process until I saw the familiar hammer shook, my eyes widening as it started floating. Swaying from left to right until it dashed towards my direction.

A yelp escaped my throat and I immediately ducked out of its path, making Ben take the impact. It sent him flying to the trees and I hollered out an apology.

"It's fine!" Ben hollered back, jogging back to me with the hammer in hand. Blood trickling down his forehead as tiny pixels formed at the wound the hammer created. "I would've done the same if I was still mortal. But it's good, right? The hammer, I mean."

I nodded, looking at the remodeled version of Ben's Rinlojm. "It's good. Better now that I can command it."

He chuckled, flicking his wrist as we both watched the hammer be engulfed in pixels.

"What do you think it means?" I started, Ben's eyes gazes into mine, "The branding.."

Ben let out a shaky breath after. "I don't know. It's just.. I don't know. It's a symbol we haven't seen before. And if it turns out that Za-" he stopped himself mid sentence, his red and black eyes widening in fear, "If he is recruiting members the same way Slender is.. Then that's not good."

"What is not 'good?'" We stopped talking then as Slenderman stood beside us. "Are you ready for training, Asriel?" I nodded.

"Benjamin, I need you to do something else for a while."

For once, Ben looked shocked; his mouth gaped with eyes wide like saucers. "Anything I want to do?"

"As long as it is approved by me-"