Chapter XX

The moon peeked at the horizon outside of Ben's window pane, the stars twinkling in the vast blackness of the night sky.

Ben's soft snores resonates within my ear as his fingers clutched onto my shirt. We've long missed dinner as the clock on his bedside table reads an hour passed midnight.

Gazing onto his sleeping figure, my eyes instantly wandered to his pointed ears. My hand that was subconsciously caressing his locks of blonde hair grazes the tip of his ear. It wiggled under my touch, his nose scrunching as his hold on my shirt loosened slightly.

I traced the outline of the tip of his ear gently. Caressing its lobe, he groaned as he scooted closer, his face dangerously close to my chest as my breath hitched.

His pointed ears merely inches of my lips as my hand tangled itself in his thick locks. An urge to nibble on his ears was strong, but I fought against it. Why I get this random urges was unknown to me, but somehow, somewhere deep inside of me.. Someone is screaming for me to do so. Urging me to do all kinds of things with Ben.

Naughty things, might I add..

Shaking the thought off my mind, my stomach painfully grumbled in hunger. My cheeks warmed as I hoped it didn't disrupt Ben's sleep. But all crumbled as he peered open an eye. His red iris pierces onto mine, glimmering underneath the moonlight as he mumbled, "Hungry?"

I felt my cheeks warm in embarrassment as I nodded sheepishly. He chuckled alluringly before releasing me from his hold. He sat on his bed, leaving me lying on it. He looked down on me and thoughtfully offered, "Let's go out and eat."

And so, here we are. Walking side by side underneath the moonlight with our hoodies covering our frame and skinny jeans clinging onto our.. Uhm.. Fame?

Ben snorted suddenly before sneezing rather loudly. With tinted cheeks, he apologized to those that caught his attention as I giggled beside him. He frowned at my actions and mockingly mirrored my giggling.

I watched his blue illusion of an eye scan around the place, searching for somewhere to eat. "Hey, want some ramen?" He asked with a glimmer in his eyes.

I shrugged and mumbled, "Sure." I yelped as he immediately dragged me to a secluded alleyway and teleported in a flash.

My eyes widened as the place looked extremely unfamiliar. Various voices rang into my ears in languages I could not understand.

"Ben, are we.. In freaking Japan?!" I exclaimed inside the alleyway as my eyes stared at the bright lights before us.

He shushed me urgently, his eyes narrowing through the alleyway as he took my hand and led me out of there. We were now standing in the middle of the sidewalk, faces I rarely see back in my hometown scattered everywhere as they avoided Ben and I.

"Don't shout whenever your in an alleyway. We both have no idea where the yakuzas marked their territories. And we wouldn't want to stumble upon one, do we?" I nodded in understanding as Ben urged us to walk once more.

I felt his arm snake around the small of my back, resting his hand to my side as he pulled me towards him closer. His lips pressed gently on my ear as he whispered, "Stay close to me, princesa."

My cheeks warmed under his touch and he retracted back to where he once was. His hold on my side never once left as we strolled the busy sidewalk of Japan. Avoiding conversation with its local in general.

Ben seemed to be familiar of the place as he kept making turns after turns, without asking anyone for directions. As I was busying myself taking in the scenery, Ben suddenly halted, making me stop with him.