Chapter XXII

I stood staring at my door.

Dinner ended fifteen minutes ago. Ben and the rest decided to watch a movie before going to bed whereas I excused myself to change into something more comfortable as Masky and Hoodie insisted on creating a fort whilst watching.

Sally was never more happy, forcing them to oblige. What made me so frightened to go inside my room was unbeknownst.

Would a decapitated body stood before me once I open it? Would there be a bug inside? A cockroach?

No.. That wasn't it.

As if thinking of my deepest fears wasn't enough, my mind brought me back in that gradient of an ocean. A deep sea of blue, bubbles surrounding my vision. And then there was green.. Yellow. And then there was red and-

"Azzy?"

I jerked back to reality, taking a deep suck of breath as my eyes gazed at that familiar red and black eyes.

"You're acting strange." Ben muttered, his voice laced in concern as he took another step towards me, holding out his hand. "Are you sure your okay?" He rests his hand on my shoulder, drawing tiny circles.

"I.. I am. I'm okay."

He didn't seem to buy it as he said, "Want me to come with you?"

Furrowing my eyebrows, I retorted, "No, pervert. Get away from me." I giggled as Ben faked being offended.

"No, but seriously.." Ben murmured, "I don't want to walk in on you crying. I want to know what's causing it."

Sighing, I nodded. Knowing full well that this wouldn't end in any other way. If I told him no, he would've just teleported inside my room without any permission.

We entered our room with ease afterwards. I went immediately for my closet of clothes as Ben plopped on the bed. Gently hitting the ukulele while doing so.

I got the clothes that I wanted, which consists of a very large white tee and red cotton shorts. I peer over at Ben who had the ukulele laying flat on his stomach, plucking the strings gently as he gaze at my star studded ceiling.

"I'm gonna go get changed." I told him, to which he answered with a moan. Whilst changing inside the bathroom, I could hear the distinct plucking of the string of my ukulele. Until slowly, it formed a tune.

An unfamiliar tune that somehow kept tugging a string in my heart. It has an up and down tempo, a smooth transition..

Like it was originally from a music box.

As I slip on my white tee, that's when something strange happen.

I wasn't in the bathroom anymore.

As the music resonates within the distance, I took in my surroundings of rugged rocky walls. Beads of water formed at the very ceiling of what seemed to have been a cavern. The low lighting of the place added a glimmer to the droplets, making it seem like twinkling falling stars as they drop from the ceiling to the floor.

Ahead of me, however, is a pile of what seemed to have been a melted statue of dirt. Horns formed at each side of the dirt and as I approached it calmly, the music played louder and louder and louder until I was standing in front of it.

A giant hole at the center of the statue as an umbrella stuck out of it. Preventing it from getting wet.

Why.. Was this so familiar?

. . . S . . L

I reached for the statues umbrella, feeling its smooth texture at my fingertips.