Chapter Fifty-Nine: The Paradise Designs

"Jisoo, need a beer?"

Jisoo looked at Lalisa standing at her front door. Surprise at seeing her there.

"I'm in the middle of something. But, you're welcome to hang in here if you want," Jisoo answered, stepping away in a gesture of invitation.

Lalisa entered and looked around the house. "Geez, how do you live here?"

Jisoo had seated herself on the sofa and looked up at Lalisa. "What?"

"It's so quiet."

"Kinda happens when you're alone Lisa."

"How's that going by the way?" Lalisa asked her.

"Pretty good actually."

"Sure, if your purpose is to piss her off. Sooya, what did you do?"

Knowing the relationship between them, it didn't surprise Jisoo to hear Lalisa knew Jennie was angry.

"Pushing her buttons," Jisoo smiled.

"And that's going to help you how?"

Jisoo smiled bigger. "Look, I'm just trying to work with her."

"Thought you guys were getting along. In the office anyway."

"Oh, we are." Jisoo stood and made her way to the kitchen, Lalisa following.

Once they each popped a top on their beer, Lalisa asked, "Then, what's the problem?"

"You remember the designer we've been working with for the past three years?" Jisoo asked as she walked to her den.

"Paradise Designs, yeah. Why?"

"Have you ever met with them?"

Lalisa furrowed her brow not knowing where Jisoo was going with this.

"No. But, I've been thinking of connecting to work out something with Manoban Construction. Why?"

Jisoo took a swig. "What would you say if I told you we know who owns Paradise Designs?"

"Sooya, come on. That's impossible. We've never worked that closely with them. They always work on a separate contract and don't start any work until we were long gone."

"And I know why."

"Sooya, you aren't making any sense. Why are you getting all worked up about this?"

"Because they are part of the senior housing contract. I'm trying to finalize the partnership."

"Partnership? Sooya, what the hell is going on? I thought Jennie was working with them."

Jisoo entered her den, Lalisa following. "Jennie's doing more than working with them."

"Then why are you concerned? If Jennie has them on board, let her do that and you concentrate on the building."

It didn't surprise Jisoo that Lalisa was pleading Jennie's case.

"See, there lies the problem. I want to work with Jennie on this and she's not being..." Jisoo paused trying to find the right word. "Cooperative."

"Sooya, you've finally gone off the deep end. For heaven's sake, Jennie is basically doing Yeri's job. I have no idea what you needed to get a new receptionist for."

"Jennie's isn't doing Yeri's old job. The new receptionist is."

Lalisa had confusion written all over her face. Jisoo's jovial mood was also throwing her off.

"She actually is on the site of the senior housing quite often."

"What the hell is she doing there?"

"Her job."