Chapter Fifty-Eight: The New Girl

A/N: She's here.💙

•••

Another couple of weeks. Jennie began going to the senior housing site more often.

The crew gave her a pink hardhat and she was getting used to wearing steel-toed work boots. Definitely different from what she was used to wearing.

Jisoo was rarely there. Jennie thought it odd, but didn't want to pry. They were getting along as partners. No need to ripple the waters.

Jennie entered the sports bar feeling a bit apprehensive. Why did I let Lalisa talk me into this?

It took her a few minutes to locate Lalisa. Thankfully in time to get away from the man hitting on her at the bar.

"Thanks, but I'm meeting someone," Jennie told her admirer before sliding off the stool and walking toward Lalisa.

Lalisa smiled widely when she turned and saw Jennie approach. Her arms wrapped around Jennie in a hug.

"Thanks for coming," Lalisa whispered before releasing Jennie and she stepped back.

Just then, a gorgeous, tall, long haired blonde woman approached Lalisa from the side, sliding her long arm along Lalisa's waist and snuggling up close.

The blonde women made eye contact after Lalisa received a kiss on the cheek.

Lalisa cleared her throat, "Jennie, this is Roseanne Park," she introduced the blonde woman to Jennie. "Rosé, this is Kim Jennie."

Roseanne extended her hand, "It's so nice to finally meet you. Please call me Rosé. Lisa's told me so much about you."

Jennie accepted Roseanne's hand and shook it, then turned to Lalisa and smiled. "Lisa?"

Oh my God, she blushed!

"Lalisa is so stuffy," Roseanne answered, her arm back around Lalisa's waist.

Roseanne was in complete contrast to Yeri. She had long blonde hair and brown eyes. She was a inches taller than Lalisa, but a similar slender build.

The three of them sat at a nearby table. It didn't take long for Lalisa to get a dart game going.

Jennie surprised even herself that she was having a good time. Lalisa was obviously smitten with Roseanne.

A tinge of envy toward them for the newness of their relationship. After all the hell Yeri had put them through, Lalisa deserved this.

Two margaritas under her belt and Jennie was feeling it. She normally didn't drink much, so what might not affect others did her.

Jennie got a severe case of the giggles when her first dart of the new game hit the wall. As she tried to contain herself and aim her next dart, a woman's hand came to hers from behind.

She didn't need to turn to see who had taken her hand. Only Jisoo caused tingles to flow up her arm.

"Relax Jen," Jisoo whispered near her ear as Jisoo assisted her throw.

The dart connected near the center.

"Hey Sooya!" Lalisa greeted, slapping Jisoo on the shoulder. "What took you so long?"

Jennie turned, "You invited both of us?"

Lalisa looked from Jisoo to Jennie, Roseanne taking her place at Lalisa's side. "Thought you guys were gettin 'along."

Jennie stepped closer to Jisoo. "It's alright Lalisa. I just didn't expect..." to see you guys friends again.

"What did you say we leave all that stuff in the past," Lalisa suggested.