Chapter 13 - Put to the test

Start from the beginning

"People usually knock and wait for permission to enter a private room, Sam."

He rolled his eyes and knocked on the door, making Allegra chuckle.

"Funny. What's up?"

"I just wanted to ask... Did I do something wrong?" asked Sam. "I'm getting the feeling something's going on between us."

Allegra bit her lip. She had been a bit curt to him lately. Getting stuck in her research (again) and his whole new attitude had her on edge.

"No, Sam, nothing's wrong." She smiled apologetically. "I'm sorry, I guess I'm just getting used to this whole thing. It's weird."

"Without Dean, you mean?"

Allegra was surprised at that remark.

"No, not... not really. Why would you...?"

"I get it, it's not the same without him. But it is what it is. Though I have to say I was surprised he didn't pick you. I mean, sure, I did tell him to have a normal, apple-pie life with Lisa, but I suppose I thought he was gonna at least try it out with you first."

Allegra wasn't sure if Sam was messing with her or if he was sincere. But whatever the case, she didn't want to discuss Dean with him.

"Well, you were wrong," she said with a click of her tongue.

Sam looked at her intently.

"So nothing happened between the two of you? Because I could've sworn you two had your moments."

"No, nothing happened. Why do you care?"

Sam closed the distance between them. Allegra's eyes opened wide when his lips pressed against hers. He was almost two heads taller than she was, so with one arm wrapped around her waist, he picked her up from the floor like it was nothing and brought her closer to him. She tried to push herself away from him, but Sam just held on to her tighter.
Allegra slapped him in his face, which seemed to snap him out of it. Sam broke their kiss off when her hand struck his cheek, and as soon as her feet touched the floor, Allegra bolted to the closed door. She threw the door open, but Sam was already behind her, using only one hand to slam it shut. He turned Allegra around and pushed her against the wood, keeping his hand against her shoulder. He had her blocked.

"Sam, what the hell?!" cried Allegra.

"It took me a while, but I finally saw it," Sam said, drawing closer to her. "I've never seen Dean with anyone like I saw him with you. I wondered what it was, and then I knew. That light inside you, the gold in your eyes... You're bewitching, Allegra. I can't hold back any longer."

He cupped Allegra's face and leaned in to kiss her again. It wasn't as rough as before. And it only lasted a few seconds. Sam pulled away from her and gazed into her eyes. His own held a playful flicker between green and hazel. 

"Sam, I... I can't... Dean..."

"Dean's gone, Allegra," whispered Sam. "But I'm right here. And I want you."

His words stirred something within Allegra. She closed her eyes as Sam carefully stroked her cheek with his thumb. Then, his lips brushed hers, over and over again, until those brushes turned into a kiss. This time Allegra didn't struggle. She just let it happen, not really sure why.
Her lips parted a little, and Sam's tongue slipped into her mouth. Allegra's tongue met his, and from that moment, her body took over. Her arms went around his neck, pulling Sam closer to her. He responded by sliding his hands over her body, all the way down to her thighs. 
Sam easily lifted Allegra, and she wrapped her legs around his waist. He pressed her roughly to the door with his body. Their tongues swirled around each other. An almost inaudible moan escaped Allegra. But Sam heard, and that just aroused him even more as he started to slowly grind against her. Allegra gasped in their kiss and tangled her fingers into his soft brown hair.