Chapter 1

A\N: This story has things like abuse, homophobia ect. This is a trigger warning. ⚠️

If you are sensitive to these topics, please click away from this story.

Edit: I will be revising this story, Like making sure everything makes sense and taking out unnecessary things. So if you are reading it a second time, and it's different that's why.

Kyoka's alarm had just went off and she angrily throws her phone at the wall. Kyoka sometimes wakes up very angry in the morning; one time she got so angry that she punched a hole in her wall with her fist.

Once Kyoka had realised what she had done she rushes to where she threw her phone to see if her phone was damaged. "God damnit!" She shouted as she picked up her phone that had now a bunch of cracks on it. "How am i supposed to pay for a new screen? I don't get any allowance! I don't even have permission to get a job either!" Kyoka cries out.

"THE HELL ARE YOU YELLING FOR?!" Her Father banged on her door.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to!"

I guess i'll have to work with what i have. Kyouka thought to herself.

I put my now damaged phone onto my desk and start to put my uniform on. After i change i pack my text books and things back into my bag along with my phone.

I walk into the kitchen and take a seat at the table and my mother passed a bowl of cereal my direction.

We all sit silently eating our breakfast that is, until my father starts a conversation. "Why were you so damn loud this morning?!" He yells. "U-um, well i accidentally threw my phone and it cracked." I explain. He rolls his eyes. "I hope you don't expect us to buy you a new one. We let you live under this roof, and we do so much for you. You should be more grateful." My mother spoke up. "Sorry. I'll do better." I tell them.

I finish my cereal and leave for school without another word from my parents.

at school

I walk in and take a seat.

I take out my phone and open up my calming music playlist and plug my earphones into my phone. After a rough morning with my parents, I like to listen to music.

I close my eyes and start to think about everything I need to do to make dinner for myself tonight.

I start to humm to the music when all the sudden i get a tap on my shoulder.

I open my eyes to my surprise, the girl that sits behind me; Momo Yaoyorozu had came over to my desk. I wonder why...

She was the most popular and gorgeous girl in class 1A. Most people called her 'little miss perfect'

Me on the other hand, I think she's brave, determined and kind. She usually helps the girls study for exams. I don't get invited to those.

"Hey, Jiro! Right?" She asked. I nod. "I'm Mo-" I cut her off. "Momo Yaoyorozu, i know." I say. "Oh, well um i noticed that your screen was broken..." She reminded me. Please don't tell me she came to rub her money in my face.

"Oh, uh yeah-I dropped it on my way to school this morning." I lie. "I was gonna ask if you wouldn't mind if I made you a new one with my creation quirk?" She asks. "O-oh, uh sure; That's nice of you!" I thanked her. Wow, i can't believe that she offered to make me a brand new phone! I thought she was going to rub her class in my face.

"Here! It's all done!" She hands me the phone. "Wow! Wait-this is a really expensive phone! I need to pay you for it!" I panic. "No need. I just noticed that you like to use your phone often and i thought that you should have one that wasn't cracked." She explains. "Thanks so much Yaoyorozu!" i thank her. She nods.

She looked so sincere when she said that. Maybe too sincere? I almost believe it wasn't a bad thing we talked. We hadn't really had talked much before now. It was really just small talk when we were bored.

...

After class i pack up my things and go to my usual lunch spot by the fountain. I put the tray of food on my lap and scarf down the amazing food lunch rush cooked up.

After a bit when i finished eating and threw my tray away, i head for the lunch room exit.

"Hey! Jiro, wait up!" Someone calls out. I turn to look for the owner of the voice. It belonged Yaoyorozu.

She catches up to me and we head back to the classroom.

...

"So, your into music right?" She asks me. "Mhm; mostly in the beginning it was because of my quirk Earphone jack. But i grew to have an actual interest in music."
"Wow! That's so cool!" She told me.

In reality the reason I had been introduced to music was because my parents expected me to be a musician like them. I ended up disappointing them by getting into the hero course at U.A; you'd think that they would be supportive and satisfied with getting into a national school. But that's not enough for them. It never is.

"How many instruments can you play?" She questions. "All; but some a little less than the others. for example i can't play drums very much." I tell her. "As a child I took an interest in piano." She tells me. "That's cool." I say.

Class then starts back up again and everyone comes back to the classroom.