Hurt

[Chang Hwayoung]

Ch.39

The ceremony left you with the biggest smile you've ever had. Your cheeks were hurting by the end of the night. All of you stayed at Taehyung's place just one more night due to the celebration. You were getting lost in the moment, enjoying your time with Namjoon. Just being with him felt so right and you wanted to keep this memory forever. Taehyung had pulled out an old instrument from his house, playing what he could while the angels sang songs. You got to dance with Namjoon, feeling like the most beautiful bride in his eyes. You weren't in any special dress, but you were you. That was everything he ever wanted.

You'd be lying if you said you didn't cry that night. You just felt so many emotions and Taehyung also said that you would be getting hormonal with a baby in your stomach. Everything was just so perfect even if it wasn't done the traditional way. It's not like you had a good streak by doing things traditionally seeing as you have a little baby inside you before you got married. That was okay though. It didn't bother you or the other girls one bit. They were all incredibly supportive on your special night with the King. Even Taehyung felt like a long time friend for everything he's done for you two in the short amount of time that you've known him.

He performed the ceremony and was the reason Namjoon and you got the weddings ducks. It all meant so much to you. Taehyung was consistently generous as he gave you guys a satchel to put the ducks in as well as the pregnancy medicine that you needed. It was keeping you from throwing up and feeling extremely weak so you were grateful. This little guy inside you was already causing trouble but you loved it. You'd go through anything for him assuming he's a boy. It didn't matter too much to you. All you knew was that you had gotten extremely attached to the baby in just a day. Having them in your stomach during the ceremony made it a hundred times better.

Everything was magically perfect in your eyes. There was nothing you would change about the ceremony in particular. It was more meaningful the way it happened. Maybe just one thing. The only thing that you thought would have been nice was if Hwayoung participated in the ceremony more. She didn't really dance nor sing, but she watched everyone have fun. At one point you tried to convince her to dance with you. She was sitting quietly on the porch while you were dancing in front of her, probably looking like an idiot as you tried to convince her. You got a chuckle to leave her, but she tried her best to convince you that she wasn't feeling up to dancing. Not even at your wedding? She looked down at the ground, but you left her since you didn't want to make it worse by pushing it.

She was coming around though. You could sense it! That's what made your night not so bad. There's still a lot of hope for the two of you to be just as close as before. When the night came to a close, the angels wished Namjoon and you a good night. They slept outside while Namjoon and you went inside to sleep on the quilt. Taehyung was quick to rush in and remind Namjoon that he already gotten you pregnant, hoping nothing would occur under his roof. You laughed in embarrassment while Namjoon grumbled under his breath. That was how your night ended and it was wonderful.

It was soon morning again which managed to make you a little sad. That meant that all of you would be continuing the journey to Lady Eunchae. She wasn't that far away according to Taehyung. If he was thinking of the right noble family then you guys were pretty near. He wasn't completely sure since he never cared too much about them. Though you weren't thrilled to meet Lady Eunchae, you gained more reasons as to why the marriage between Namjoon and her can't happen. There's also the fact that you just married him yesterday. Sitting up, you sighed as you looked around the room to meet eyes with Taehyung.

"Did you sleep well, your Highness?" Taehyung asked. Somehow hearing someone address you by that title caused a shiver to run down your spine. So you're technically the Queen of the nation now? It doesn't feel real. That's for sure.