Peaches

Ch.31

It's been a week since Jeonghwa has found out but refused to say anything. She kept her lips sealed to the other angels and to you as well. She was going to pretend she saw nothing. If the others ever ask her about it then she supposes she'll have to come clean then. For now she was going to leave the two of you alone. Jeonghwa was doing her best to act normal with everyone too. Though she did focus on your interactions with the King a lot more now. She could see how she believed there was nothing wrong except a few things here and there. The two of you often got to be alone together and she could have sworn she spotted hand holding on the occasion. But of course, she wasn't going to say anything.

Jeonghwa left your happy bubble alone and you didn't even know it. You felt everything was fine and Namjoon was completely the same. The two of you were never given any reason to believe something was wrong. Nothing appeared out of the ordinary for you two. Your mind was concentrating on other things at the moment. Namjoon was following you around as always, but not for private time. That could wait until later. The reason you guys were alone was to search for some sort of food besides meat. Solji wasn't feeling too good from last night's catch it seems. She woke up having a bad stomach issues.

That obviously was a huge problem. Travel was put to a hold due to Solji's current state. What made things a little harder was that she's supposed to be the physician yet she was out. The most she could do was describe specific herbs and roots to Hyojin, Hyelin, and Heeyeon. Those two were in charge of searching for some medicinal herbs in the mountains. Hwayoung was left to care for the leader while you and Jeonghwa were put in charge of looking for fruits. Anything from nature that could heal Solji. Jeonghwa and you split up in hopes of finding something faster. When you suggested the idea to Jeonghwa, she stuttered a lot before accepting. The maknae acted a bit strange as you walked away with Namjoon to search for fruits.

"Y-You're sure you want to split?" Jeonghwa fidgeted with her fingers.

"It'll be faster." You pointed out.

"Let's go, (F/n)." Namjoon pushed his gat off his head, letting it rest on his back with the ribbon around his neck.

"I just t-think—"

"Jeonghwa, go already." Hwayoung gave the maknae a sharp glare. "Unless you want to stay back with Solji so I can look."

The maknae gulped right away. There was nothing she could really say against that. She was only stalling and making things worse for her eldest unnie. You and Namjoon were able to walk off on your own as Jeonghwa took a different route. She sighed heavily to herself but figured it would be fine. Besides, she didn't want to get scolded again by Hwayoung. She could get scary when worried for the people she loves. The King and you will be okay. It was just Solji that all of you were equally worried about.

Berries just wouldn't do at the moment. They were too small and could barely be filling as little snacks. Then this area around you guys wasn't that good either. The bushes had pathetic berries to begin with and there were no signs of trees that offered fruit. All of it was frustrating to deal with. Hopefully Jeonghwa was having an easier time searching for something. Wasn't it supposed to be spring already? You would have expected more life, but all you got was a bunch of rocks and dirt. Then a good amount of foliage in the mountains.

"There's nothing." You huffed, kicking a rock. Namjoon was looking for fruits to but paused as he saw you getting antsy. He put his hands on his knees as he got up, walking over to you.

"We've been looking for five minutes. We should give it a while." Namjoon placed his hands on your shoulders. He rubbed them, walking with you slowly to a new area.

"I know...I just don't know if this pain with unnie will last an hour or the whole day." You frowned. "I just don't like seeing her in pain."

"Me neither." Namjoon allowed his arm to wrap around your shoulders. He pulled you close to his side as he sighed. "Solji is like an older sister to me. She took care of me when I felt bad and so I want to return the favor too. Even if it's just a little berry."