Intentions

Ch.35

All of them officially knew what was going on between you and the King. They had caught you in a secret relationship with his Majesty and remained silent. They kept it to themselves not knowing the others knew as well. Now Solji and Hwayoung knew, adding to the issue. The situation grew more complicated as they thought about the consequences of your relationship with the King. It wasn't as simple as letting you be with him just because you made him happy. Happiness could always fade. It could also be faked. They didn't want to risk that. Though they knew you, Solji and Hwayoung had to question your true character whether they wanted to or not.

Solji and Hwayoung needed answers. They needed to know everything since it was hard to trust the few minutes they witnessed Namjoon and you alone together. How much were they supposed to grasp from that moment alone? They quickly returned back to the angels, lying by saying they changed their minds on talking to you both. That appeared to make all four relax. They shouldn't stay too comfortable. Solji was planning on questioning all of them the next time she got the chance. Hwayoung only nodded along to the plans Solji made, trying to ignore the own hurt she felt.

You were right there. Her best friend and she couldn't even talk to you about her emotions. It would only reveal what she saw so she couldn't. Solji already warned her to be absolutely quiet about it. If Hwayoung were at all to mention it or warn you then she would face her own consequences. They had to protect the King which unfortunately meant questioning you and your true intentions. The relationship felt so sudden so something had to be done quick. There wasn't much time left before they arrive to the home of Lady Eunchae.

And you didn't know a thing. You thought you knew what the others knew and that you were only a little paranoid at best. Still, you were certain that you were fine. There was nothing to worry about when it came to the other angels knowing your relationship with the King. Namjoon has assured you a lot that they don't know and other things too. He promised everything was okay so you believed him. You wanted to because it was easier on yourself. You didn't want to worry about your relationship with Namjoon being in trouble or your own safety. You just wanted to live as if everything were normal.

"I'm going to talk to you and the other angels except (F/n) and the King," Solji whispered to Hyojin who was next to her. Hyojin's eyes flashed with an emotion that Solji caught. She wanted to sigh and stop everything right now, but she needed to plan this out carefully. She doesn't want you or the King panicking. "Alert the others but be subtle. I don't want those two knowing."

"Yes." Hyojin nodded.

She felt her own mix of emotions at her given task. Does this mean she saw something she shouldn't have? Hyojin frowned, wondering if her and Hwayoung lied about leaving the two of you alone. She couldn't ponder on that right now. With a heavy sigh, she went to the other angels to spread the word. They were all stiff once the news was passed onto them. They had the same exact thoughts as Hyojin. If they weren't allowed to mention it to you or the King then it had to be about the relationship the two of you had. Otherwise why exclude an angel from the meeting? They all looked over at Hwayoung who had remained completely silent.

They could barely get Hwayoung to talk. She was always silent and in her own head, but they wondered how she felt about the situation. If she truly knew what was going either from yesterday or if she heard it from you herself. You were the only person who could get Hwayoung to talk and express her emotions without holding back. The friendship between the two of you might change from this day forward. All the angels felt bad as Solji came to a pause. You were only talking with Namjoon when you realized they had all come to a stop. The King furrowed his brows just as you looked at Solji for answers. She turned to face all of you, everyone's eyes on her.