So Be It

Ch.34

The list of people aware grew by one. Hyojin may have become aware yet remained silent for a week. She made attempts at first to bring it up to Solji, but the timing was never there. Others were always in around them or Solji was too preoccupied with her own responsibilities. Solji was too busy to spare a minute that it had Hyojin thinking. Would it be better if she didn't say anything at all? She wasn't sure if this was a temporary thing. Maybe Namjoon was using you almost as a concubine, but she couldn't be sure. She didn't trust bringing it up to the others though she did consider asking Hwayoung. Then at the same time, Hwayoung was your best friend. Maybe she would refuse to open up about it in order to protect you. It left her stumped, so she decided to abandon it altogether. She'll allow Fate to take care of the situation.

A lot of time had passed since Jeonghwa first seen the two of you. It's been officially another month and the eight of you were nearing the middle of the third month. It was the final one before all you eventually met Lady Eunchae. Your time with Namjoon was running out, but he told you not to think like that. He's going to stay with you no matter what. He assured you that there was no end. You hoped so. The only thing that made you nervous was eventually confessing the truth to the angels. You brought up the idea of discussing it alone with the angels, but Namjoon wouldn't allow it. With how nervous you were acting, he felt hesitant to leave you with six trained soldiers. He had to be there when it happened.

You just didn't know when that would happen. It could be done tonight or not at all. There was no definite time set and you still didn't feel ready. Would you ever? At this point, you left it in Namjoon's hands. Whenever he wants to tell them is when you'll be ready. He only kissed your hands and told you to wait one more week. That's when he would have all the angels sit down so the both of you could tell them the truth. Seeing as you considered them all your sisters, you hoped they would eventually come to terms with it and accept it. They might not be fond of it at first and you're prepared to expect a sour first reaction. You'll take whatever reaction they give you as long as they realize you genuinely love Namjoon.

Because that's the truth. You've grown to truly love Namjoon with all your heart. He's easily become one of the best things in your life. You've never had someone whose made you this happy. He's incredibly caring and understanding. He's like your rock to hold onto which is nice. You're able to breathe when you're with him. For years you've grown up being trained to be strong and rely on yourself. The chances to accept your feminine side were minimal. It's not like pouring tea made you a woman, but you just appreciate wearing a dress now and then. You enjoyed not dressing like a man and being acknowledged as a woman in Namjoon's eyes. He didn't see you as some strange bulky savage. He made you feel beautiful.

In your daydreams, you always imagined yourself as some pretty lady with the best manners. Soft spoken and maybe not as muscular. You would be excellent at cooking and you'd drink tea more often. Maybe you would enjoy reading and your handwriting wouldn't look like some abstract painting. You'd be educated and you would love learning rather than getting a rush from sparring. But none of that was you no matter how hard you tried. You're loud, you can't cook, you're slow with reading, and you can't change who you are. Yet despite all that, Namjoon makes you feel like the girl in your daydreams. That wasn't crazy, right?

You hope that's something that they can understand. Hwayoung should understand that. Her reaction is what made you the most nervous for some reason. It didn't make sense though. She has a lover too. The both of you practically have the same situation. Yours may be a little extreme here and there, but not too far off. Right? You were feeling nervous again as you walked with all the angels. Namjoon was walking by your side, glancing at you regularly. He could see it on your face easily. When you weren't forcing a stoic face, all your emotions could be easily read on your face. He took a look around to make sure the other angels weren't watching when he wrapped his arm around your waist. Your brows leaped at the random touch, looking up at Namjoon immediately.