ch.8

"isit for that minhyuk friend of yours?" he said as he walked to the bathroom without looking at me. "...he told me that his mom is gonna kill him because he broke his phone..." i told taeyong hesitantly as he just looked at me while brushing his teeth. he just laughed at me "you're kinda stupid, he did not literally meant that his mom would kill him, and even if she does why do you care so much?" he told me as i looked at him confused "but he also said she'll beat him up!" i exclaimed as he continued washing his face.

he walked out of the bathroom after washing his face, "either way, once you start caring for him, he's gonnna get killed or beaten up, you know that."

i thought about his words as i dressed up, a part of me wanted to stay away but i cant resist myself too.

so i decided to risk it.

"what are you trying to buy for him?" taeyong asked as we got in the car "a phone." i said while buckling my seatbelt. "damn sis, you balling?" he joking said as we drive to the nearest mall to get a phone.

after we got the phone taeyong brought me to eat lunch & while we were eating he was talking about his overseas life, we were so caught up in the conversation that we didn't realize that the spy is here.

we about to stand up & pay for the food when a piece of paper fell from the table & it caught our attention. "what does it say?" he asked. "take good care of your pretty boy
y/n-ah." i said reading the note. & i panic & starting thinking 'where should he be at right now?' i quickly looked at my phone to see the time & it was 12.47pm & it means his in school, having lunch.

"i gotta go" i quickly said to taeyong as i grabbed the phone & ran of of the restaurant even before he could say anything else. i rushed & ran out of the mall to go get a cab & told the driver to go to the school.

-school-

i was getting attention because i was not in my school uniform but i couldn't care less, i needed to look for minhyuk now.

the bell rang indicating it was time for class & i saw 2 of his friends walking side by side down the hallway & ran towards them "w-where's minhyuk???" i panicky asked as they both looked at me kinda shocked "h-he on his way
b-back to his class...why?" one of them asked as i just continued running so i could reach the classroom, we were both in the same class so our schedules are the same.

there he was sitting on his seat but he was looking somewhere so i followed where his eyes were averted at. he was looking at my empty seat & i quickly walked towards him & grabbed his hand & started running so the teacher wouldn't catch us.

minhyuk's pov
its been 2 days since she last came to school...i felt worried..because she's my friend, right? so all i can do is to stare at her seat imagining that she's there.

someone grabbed my wrist & started pulling me, i looked at who it was & i saw y/n, she was running & pulling me along with her, this all feels like a kdrama..

we reached the school rooftop as we stopped running & started to pant really hard, her hand never stop grabbing onto my wrist. we calm down & looked at each other in the eye, it felt like the world stopped for a moment, like we're living in this moment, i can almost hear my fastened heartbeat as felt the butterflies flying.
then we got back into our thoughts & broke out of the moment, as she saw her hand that is still grabbing on my wrist, she quickly let go & started to clear her throat.

"s-sorry" she stuttered, wow i thought, comparing this moment to the first time i ever talked to her where she pushed me away when i hugged her.

"y-you're finally here! where were you for the past 2 days?!" minhyuk exclaimed "obviously resting.." i replied to his question. not forgetting why i am here for him, i pulled out the new phone i bought & gave it to him, "here.." he looked at me in disbelief & his mouth was open as big as a whale right now "w-why??" he asked as he looked at the phone then back to me, "no special reason."

"listen, here's my number & if you ever see strange guys approaching or following you call me IMMEDIATELY!" i emphasise the word immediately because i don't want him to take this situation lightly.

"why tho? who would follow me?" he asked innocently "did you forget who i am? or what i do? or what i did for you a few nights ago?" i said to him & he just looked at me in fear after realizing "a-are they g-gonna k-kill me??" he said with panic in his voice "you're right, they might..or they'll just use you as a threat, my threat."