ch.7

i woke up in a dark room, not like a basement but the walls of the room are dark grey & so is the bedsheet, i recognised this smell, the smell of the candle was a wooden pine smell, i loved this smell & only this guy i knew used this candle.

the room door open & the light from the living room shone into the dark room causing me to flinch a little. "it's just me y/n ah" it was taeyong, my older brother. he came in with a bowl of porridge & a cup of water.

he turned on the light of the room & seat right next to me on the bed as he place the tray down. he took the bowl & started to blow on the porridge and i rubbed my eye still feeling tired.

"ahh" he told me to open my mouth as he put the food in my mouth "why did you not tell me that father was making you do all my mission?" he softly said as he looked at me "i-i couldn't bring myself to, besides you're pretty busy yourself...getting in & out of the country & training yourself so you can take over the business."

"no you silly..to me you're more important than that stupid business of his & if he is putting you through so much i shouldn't tolerate him." he said as he hugged me, noticing i was tearing up, i don't cry much but when im around my older brother i am just like a baby.

"how have you been? aside from him making you do all those stupid missions" he said while still feeding me, "its been ok..but..." i paused hesitating if i should let him know about minhyuk or not "but what? whats going on?" he asked "i think i have a friend...f-from school.." he looked at me & just smiled "that's a good thing! why did you hesitate to tell me then?" he told me & chuckle & i looked at him "but everyone told me that its not good for me to be friends with a guy who's not in the mafia world & that doesn't know how to protect himself." i said as i hunged my head low thinking about having to protect minhyuk "a guy?? its a guy?? tell me about him! what's his name, where he lives & what he does!" he suddenly bombarded me with many questions & i just laughed at his silliness "here you go with your protective mum mode again!"
& so i answered all his questions without thinking much about it.

after feeding me he put the bowl down & tuck me back into bed & i asked him what time was it "its 9pm now, you've basically been knock out the whole day" i nodded & just lay in bed hoping i can fall asleep.

the wounds hurted so bad, my whole body felt like it was sore, i couldn't go back to sleep so i took my phone & check the news hoping there is some interesting article for me to read.

"new Iphone 11 pro max launching tomorrow!" i said as i stare at the article which caught my eye. 'my mom's gonna kill me for breaking the phone!' minhyuk words replayed in my head as i thought maybe i should get him a new phone?

an hour after another i really couldn't go back to sleep, i found myself thinking of minhyuk..maybe because of the phone? i decided to go to the toilet to see how horrible i must be looking now.

bruise, bruises & more bruises.

i sigh searching for the oniment to apply on the bruises on my face so it will swell down before i decide to return back to school.

-next morning-
eventually i fell asleep & woke up around 10am to see my brother that fell asleep on his work table. i softly shook him and he woke up "why..isit hurting very bad?" he asked as he rubbed his eyes taking a better look at me.

"its better now, but i have something i wanna do today" i told him "sure, what isit?"

"i wanna buy something for someone.." he raised his brow in curiousity "isit that minhyuk friend of yours?"