•Chapter 69•

The door is being opened and closed. It takes a long time before Niall finally walks into the room.

'Hey you.' I say happily, and get up. I walk towards him and give him a kiss on the cheek.

'Hey.' he replies and hugs me tight. 'I'm going to take a shower.'

'Can I join?' I ask, winking at him when he pulls back from the hug.

'Not this time.' he says, before walking to the bathroom.

This is the very first time that he doesn't want me to shower with him. He's also more quiet, something isn't right here.

I pick Chloe up and sit back on the couch again. I cuddle with Chloe, while trying to figure out what is going on with Niall. Maybe he's a bit upset, because the boys and him decided to go on a hiatus? I know that he absolutely loves to be in the band. Maybe it's still my mom that's he's worried about. Although I wouldn't understand why since she's doing a lot better.

It takes forever for Niall to get out of the shower again. Once he does, he joins me on the couch.

'Are you okay?' I ask concerned, and Niall swallows in return.

He shakes his head heavily, and he starts to tear up.

'What's going on? You can tell me everything Nialler, you know that.' I tell him, trying to make eye-contact with him, but I can't.

'You need to understand that I have to do this.' he begins, while a tear rolls down his cheek. 'I'm so sorry.'

'What do you mean?' I ask, getting more concerned by the second. What does he have to do that he gets this upset about??

He looks at me, and the look on his face seems so good. 'This isn't working out Sam.'