•Chapter 46•

'I'm coming!' I yell hastily, and grab my sunglasses quickly, before hurrying outside.

I've been in Africa for Comic Relief for almost a week now. The boys went last year, and this year the organisation asked me again to join. Previous years, I was unable to participate, due to my busy schedule, so I was thrilled that I could this year. Even though, they usually do covers for this particular event, I decided to use original songs and wrote two in advance, which I'm super proud of.

Over here in Africa, I've been busy with getting to know the people and their culture, handing out supplements, cleaning up the gigantic piles of trash, helping with building or redecorating and refreshing simple buildings, and so on. It's really nice that I have finally cleared my schedule for this, because it feel amazing to help.

Once I'm outside, lots of the children of the small village come running to me. They are so cute! It's truly inspiring to see them.

'So you want to start with filming the music video today?' Sarah asks. Sarah is the head of my production team, and she's also in charge of the organisation during this trip.

'Sounds like a good plan to me.' I say, and look at her. 'I had in mind to start and end here with the children.'

Sarah nods. 'I like that idea. Alright, do your thing and we'll film it in the meantime.'

***

A young child of three years old holds one of my fingers with her whole hand. She is so skinny, that I can see her skeleton. 

I keep smiling to her, but watching this little girl makes my heart ache so much. Tears start to fall down.

I miss Niall terribly, but once you see a child in this condition, you realise how little of a problem that actually is. 

I kiss the child on her forehead and get up. I walk around the hospital, meeting new children, their parents and doctors along the way. 

Eventually, I'm being stopped by a cameraman. I look at the children. 'No one should live like this, absolutely no one. Look at these poor children. Once you see this, you realise how good our lives are. I don't have to worry about money, or food on the table or a proper bed to sleep in. This is so unrealistic for us, but over here, they don't know any better. This is normal for them.'

'You feel so helpless standing here, but there is so much we can do. These vaccines are so inexpensive, and yet so many here can't afford them.' I look at the camera. 'Please donate any spare penny you have, it helps them so much. You can save a child's life with only five pounds.'

I wipe away the tears that are still left on my cheeks and sniff. 'For this Comic Relief, I have written two songs for Africa. They'll be released on YouTube, iTunes, Spotify, etc.. Please listen, share, stream as much as you can. The more you do, the more money we can raise for these poor people. The time to do something is now, grab this change with both hands.'

[A/n: Yesterday, I finished writing this book. I'll remain uploading twice a day until the very last chapter, chapter 100]