•Chapter 16•

I look at Harry, who shines less than usual. He's singing, instead of performing. He's been like that for a few weeks now. What's going on with him?

I don't have time for that now, but I'll get back to it.

Once the boys are finishes, the people at home get a few minutes to cast their vote. After that, it's Matt Cardle's turn to perform.

I grab something to drink and take a few deep breathes, when Cher suddenly stands beside me.

'You were incredible. I'm so excited to hear the results!' she squeals.

'Me too.' I say faintly and look at Cher. 'Niall told me Simon gave him and the other guys instructions to avoid us as much as possible.'

'I knew there was something behind all that. I mean, Niall has to talk to you every day, how come all of a sudden he didn't for weeks.' Cher laughs.

'Everything is different since then.' I recall. 'The boys start to ignore us. Louis stopped being the clown. Niall laughs less. Harry shines less when he's performing. Zayn-'

'Don't forget that Harry was really rude to you.' Cher completes my sentence.

'Right. I wish there was something we could do.' I say defeated.

'Of course there's something you can do. You're Sam.' she says in a cheerful voice.

'Good observation, Cher.' I chuckle.

She laughs and then looks at me. 'All I'm saying is, is that you are the closest with them.'

Together with Cher, we look at the boys. And then they say that girls are complicated..