41. Ryan

"When will Hannah be here?" Winter asks as we sit down at the dinner table.

"Soon." Alex replies.

   A few seconds later Jack facepalm himself.

"Now I remember what I was trying to get you guys." He said.

   Emma looked at him confused, "What do you mean?"

"I was gonna buy them some flowers, as a gift for letting us come here today."

"Oh no, it's okay, you don't have to do that." Arthur smiled.

"Dinner should be ready in about twenty minutes." Eric  said as he looked at the clock, "If he really wants to, I don't see why not."

"I'll be quick, I promise." Jack dashed out the door, which made all of us laughed at his excitement.

"It looks like it's starting to rain." Mackenzie acknowledged.

"Yeah." I say.

   I can't help but notice Winter and Alex smile at each other.

   I think of Ally again...

   All of us are sitting on the couch, watching TV. All of us besides Ally. I decide to wake her up. I walk upstairs to our room.

   She's not there.

"Ally?" I call out.

   I hear something from the bathroom. Heaving?

   I slowly open the door to find Ally on her knees, wiping her mouth with her arm. She had already gotten dressed, so she must've gotten up a while ago.

"You okay?" I ask worried.

"Just been feeling a bit sick, that's all." She replies.

"Since when?"

"Since-" she stops herself, and her eyes widen, "Wow." She whispers, "Could it be?"

"What are you-"

"I'm going to the store, I'll be right back."

"Okay?"

  Sick? I ask myself. She's been fine the past few days. I don't see why she should be throwing up, unless she's...

   ...Oh my god...

   ... Pregnant.

"Ryan? Ryan." Adam says to get my attention.

   I sighed, "I spaced out again, didn't I?"

"That's okay." Eric smiles, "Everyone gets lost in their thoughts sometimes.

"Dad's been gone for a while." Ava worries.

"And it's pouring outside." Emma adds.

"I'm sure he's fine." I say.

"Traffic, maybe?" Adam asks.

"I guess." Mac shrugs.

"Dinner's should be ready." Arthur glances at the clock, then walks towards the oven on the other side of the room.

"Don't want it to get cold when Jack gets back." Eric chuckles, making us chuckle too.

   But I know that all of us were worried on the inside.