Chapter 32: Guilty

After an hour, Chaeyoung finally came back to Jisoo's relief. She was really surprised at first because Jisoo hugged her so tightly when she arrived and so Nayeon told her that Jisoo had a bad dream about them but Jisoo didn't want to talk about it.

-"take care Chaeyoung! I had so much fun!" -Jihyo hugged her.

-"yeah...take care you two" -Chaeyoung smiled and Jeongyeon with Jihyo finally left.

Chaeyoung sighed then went to the kitchen to have a drink, surprisingly Seulgi and Irene was there too but they seem to not notice Chaeyoung, too busy flirting. Chaeyoung passed by them and bought an apple juice in the fridge then ran back upstair where Jisoo was waiting for her. When she entered the room, she saw Jisoo with Jennie and Lisa talking about something that she didn't really understand. It was mostly Jisoo and Lisa who were talking and Jennie was on her phone, so Chaeyoung just decided to listen to them but in fact...her mind was somewhere else. What Mina said to her made her shiver.

Flashback

- "People are blinded by power, you have to be careful about your surroundings" -Mina told her, Jeongyeon and Jihyo were near the gate waiting for Chaeyoung while she was still talking to Mina. -" But don't worry too much, I'll send someone to watch you until we find a way to eliminate the enemy "

-"why can't you just arrest them or something like that?" -chaeyoung asked curious.

-" we can't, somehow, they found a way to get stronger and let alone the sacred weapon they hold. That weapon can kill any God " -Mina looked at the sky and I can see the worry in her eyes -" A weapon that has pierced me in the past, a divine weapon that could finish everything you see. You must first neutralize that weapon before you can do anything "

-"wow, it's that powerful? Then why don't they just destroy the land and go away?" -Chaeyoung asked.

-" They belong to this world first, if this world disappears then they will disappear with it" -Mina then looked at her with a serious gaze -" that's why they need you, you are part of the real world. So you are the gate"

-"and what do they have to do then to enter the real world?" -She asked curiously but regretted it right after Mina straightfully told her.

-"They won't kill you, all they need is your soul" -Mina showed her three fingers -" Sadness, unhappiness and depression, these are the steps they must take. A lifeless soul is easier to take, that's why "

Chaeyoung gluped which Mina noticed and so she chuckled.

-"But don't worry, I'll send you a wonderful bodyguard with Jeongyeon and Jihyo" -Mina winked -"The best of all, starting from tomorrow! Just don't get scared about her attitude, she is sweet I swear"

Chaeyoung was curious but she just nodded and bowed to Mina and finally joined Jeongyeon and Mina.

END OF FLASHBACK

-"Chaeyoung!" -Lisa called for her.

-"hum yes?" -Chaeyoung asked, a little bit lost.

-"i was calling for you but you were deeply thinking about something else!" -Lisa held both her cheeks.-"are you alright?"

Chaeyoung removed Lisa's hands on her cheeks then sighed.

-"i am fine! Just a little bit tired"

-"dang! Just when Jisoo and Me were planning to do a pajama party with the others" -Lisa scratched the back of her neck.

-"a pajama party? Seriously?" -Jennie asked looking at her girlfriend.

-"come on Jendeukie! It's going to be fun!" -Jisoo bounced up and down.