Chapter 41

Calum's POV

*9 Years Later*

Allie was currently in labor with our third child. We were both 33 years old. Emerson was 13 years old, and our son Nathan was 5.

"Calum it hurts." Allie cried as she pushed out our third child.

"Your doing great baby, I love you." I tell her as she continues pushing.

I heard a cry and it was a beautiful baby girl. I tun back and look at Allie, her eyes had rolled back into her head and she was shaking uncontrollably.

Doctors rushed over to her and pushed me out of the room. This couldn't be happening could it. No. No. We had left Nathan with my mom, but Emerson came along. I rush into the waiting room and find Emerson on her iPod.

She looks up sees me, and immediately drops what was in her hands. "What's wrong daddy?" She asks wrapping her arms around my torso.

"I don't know, your mom. She pushed the baby out and then suddenly she...s-she started shaking and her eyes rolled back and-." I began sobbing. Emmy's grip on me became tighter and she cried into my shirt.

"Mr. Hood." I heard the doctors voice. I turn around and gave him. Emerson grips onto my arm.

"Ok, the good news is that your daughter is perfectly alive and healthy. But, your wife didn't make it. She lost to much blood and there was a complication during labor. We tried to save her but we couldn't." He said before walking away. My entire world just came crashing down. Allie. My Allie was gone. There was no getting her back.

Now, I had to raise three kids on my own. I look down at Emerson and see the tears running down my face. It broke my heart even more. She buried her face into my shirt and cried and cried as did I.

A nurse came in telling us we had to leave. That my newborn baby had to stay over night to make sure she was okay.

I picked Emerson up in my arms and carried her out of the hospital. We got to the car and we got in and drove to our house.

We arrived and Emmy immediately ran up to her room and locked the door. I walked into what use to be me and Allies shared room. I look at my dresser and see our wedding picture. We were so happy. Now she's gone. I will never get her back.

I picked up the picture and threw it at the wall. I began picking up more things and throwing them around. I screamed and yelled at nothing in particular as I did. I felt the hot tears falling down my face.

"Daddy stop." Emerson yelled. She ran over to me and hugged me. "I want my mom back."

"I know you do, I know. I want her back too." I picked her up and laid her down in our bed and got in next to her. She cuddled into me and cried.

"It's not fair, why? She didn't deserve to go. It's al that babies fault. If it weren't for that baby, mom would still be alive." She cried.

"Don't say that. Maybe she left us for a reason. All I know, is that heaven gained another angel. Your mom was something else. But I love her, and I always will." I say, smiling sadly.

"What about the baby? What are we gonna name her?" She asked.

I thought for a minute. "Allison Rose. Allison because it was your moms name and Rose because it was her favorite flower."

"I like it." She says. I nod.

"Get some sleep baby girl. You can stay here with me." She nods and cuddles closer to me.

"Will you sing me a song?" She asks. I nod and began singing.

"Lights out, I still hear the rain..." I continued until it was over. I look back at Emerson and see tears stains all over her cheeks. I move her hair out of her face and kiss her forehead.