"As if you're any better!" Hyelin scoffed.

"I am," Hwayoung said confidently. Hyelin pointed an accusing finger at the girl before it slowly curled back. Even if she wanted to state an example of Hwayoung being a part of the mess, there was none that she knew off the top of her head. Hwayoung was reserved and calm compared to them. She won, but if they asked you then you had an entire list. Not that you were willing to randomly pull those stories out at the moment.

You were lost in your own thoughts despite walking with the angels. These thoughts have been gnawing at you since they mentioned her name. Suddenly a wave of unwanted feelings crashed over you. A sense of inferiority and insecurity that wanted to consume you. They were pushing you down, not wanting you to take a single breath of fresh air. You felt yourself sinking deep from her name alone. No sword could ever defend you from these feelings. That was the scariest feeling. You didn't feel a single ounce of power. You were terrified at the idea of meeting Lady Eunchae so it would be best if it never happened at all. That just wasn't possible though.

The voices of the angels could be heard, but not clearly. It all sounded like you were being held underwater. Namjoon wants to be with you and you know that. He wouldn't abandon you for another, but it was the idea of him being taken by force. Who were you to challenge a woman of higher rank than you? She was a noble lady of great wealth. All you were was a guard who didn't know her place. Hanging your head low, you frowned while the rest of the angels were discussing food. You didn't feel too hungry anymore. Nothing sounded appetizing with these unwelcomed thoughts floating around your head. You didn't like them one bit. Could they leave?

"Angel (F/n). Yeon (F/n)." Namjoon addressed you multiple times. His voice managed to pull you away from all your thoughts, bringing you back to reality.

"O-Oh, I'm sorry." You bowed to him instantly. "Is there something you need, your Majesty?"

"I wanted to know..." Namjoon looked over at the angels. He grabbed your elbow, purposely holding you back as they kept walking. He slowly began walking again with you. "Why did you have that look on your face? You looked so sad."

"Ah, that?" Your eyes stared down at the ground. "I was only worrying about our future is all. Lady Eunchae makes me nervous..."

"That's why?" Namjoon sighed. He inched closer to you, taking a hold of your hand. "Believe me when I say that everything will be okay. In the end, I'm King and she is only a noblewoman."

"I know, I'm overreacting." You shook your head only for him to grip your hand harder.

"Not at all," Namjoon replied. "I'm also a bit nervous. I'm not looking forward to telling her I'm not interested in marrying her, but I hope she understands."

"I hope for that too." You chuckled lightly. Namjoon smiled at you, glad to hear you lightening up a little. He wanted to swing your hand back and forth with his, but that was too risky. The most he could settle with was holding your hand for a little longer.

It wasn't long before he had to release your hand. He still stood close to you though, giving you loving glances whenever he could. It was hard to deny that you didn't feel special or loved. Just the effort on Namjoon's part alone meant the world to you. You'll try not to focus on the future and its uncertainty. That was your first mistake last time when rejecting Namjoon. Now you have him and love the present so you'll make an effort to not lose yourself on what's unknown. It's familiar where you are right now. You'll take things little by little and hopefully that'll be enough to make things easier for you.

You were going to make your best attempt to look at things on the brighter side. Luckily you've always tended to be a positive person. The high energy from the girls eventually got to you, making you laugh at their nonsense. It also helped that Namjoon was by your side without question. He cared for you and didn't only stay focused on the physical parts of the relationship. The negative thoughts weren't taking over anymore as you got playful with the girls. It was mainly you teasing Hwayoung in front of the other girls. She couldn't be safe from this conversation especially since she would be ready to embarrass you at any second too.