Aftermath

—-

I haven't been sleeping lately so Jellal took me off any small or big missions. It's been a couple weeks since the attack and I've been waiting for Natsu to wake up and be his normal self. Mavis managed to get zeref to delete the 'evil' codes from Natsus hard drive. Zeref was sent to the ward for mental help. As It turns out parts of Natsu's brain is a super computer, it connects to his spinal cord. Everything else in his body it's human.
"Natsu..." I whispered his name as I petted his head. We were in the same hospital Oscar and Michelle are in so I have been visiting both of them.
I put my forehead to his.
"Please wake up soon..." I whispered.
"Maybe in 5 more minutes" I heard a groggy voice from under me. I gasped in shock and sat up straight.
"Natsu!" I felt tears build up in my eyes.
"Heya Luce" Natsu said as he slowly tried to get up.
"No! Stupid don't get up." I pushed him down and he grabbed me and pulled me on to his lap. I was warm again, in his arms. He held me and I held him.
"I've missed you so so much" I whispered.
"I've missed you too luce, I love you"
I pulled away and looked into his eyes, I then pulled his face towards mine. I smashed my face into his.
When we pulled away I remembered I had to go get a doctor.
"I'll be right back okay! Don't go anywhere" I told him.
"I can't go anywhere if I have tubes in me" he laughed.

—-

Natsu was having many test done on him. I couldn't be in the room with him, I really wanted to be with him.
I looked at happy who was sitting on my lap.
"Lucy it's gonna leave a scar if you keep poking at it." Michelle lifted the back of my shirt.
"It's not that big but it's deep" James added
"It's right at your neck too" Levy took a look as well.
"Maybe you just need a bath in the institution's tubs?" Michelle suggested.
"Maybe..." I replied I rubbed the back of my neck.
"Lucy! What did we just tell you" Michelle slapped my hand away from my neck.
"Hey! I'm supposed to be protecting you, not the other way around!" I exclaimed and I turned around to look at her. Hot tears filled my eyes.
"Lucy, you did protect me. You didn't let the hospital get destroyed. You didn't let the harm come to Oscar" Michelle's words comforted me.
"I couldn't protect Natsu or My team!" I cried.
"Lucy you got hurt! What could you have done?" Levy said
"Make sure you didn't get hurt! You have a family! You should've stayed back with your family!" I shouted.
"I'm sorry I decided to save the home my kids live in!" Levy shouted back.
"I'm sorry, I didn't see it from your eyes" I said in realization.
"It's okay, everyone is stressed" Levy hugged me. Michelle and James smiled at their baby.
"Oh I'm so sorry! Did we wake him?" I asked.
"No no, he's been awake" Michelle assures us.

Knock knock
"Ms. Heartfilia? Natsu Dragneel, room 224, is asking for you" a doctor came in.
"Yes, I'll be right there" I sucked in my tears and walked away from Michelle.
"I'll be back soon okay?" I turned back to her.
"No rush" she smiled as she picked up Oscar.
I went to Natsu's room. He was standing by the window, like he was in a dramatic movie.
"Natsu? Are you okay?" I asked as I entered his room.
"Lucy, did you know I was a synth?" Natsu asked me, not even turning to look at me.
"No, all I knew is that you had a Fire resistance mutation" I put my arm on his shoulder.
"People get killed for being a synth,Luce. And here I am. Alive" he said as he moved away from me. I looked around his room and spotted a clipboard.
"It makes me wonder why I was even brought back to life as a synth..." Natsu said.
"But Natsu, only parts of your brain is-."
"That's not the point luce!" He then turned to me, he has been crying.
"I hurt you Lucy, and our allies! Our family!" Natsu exclaimed.
"That wasn't really you! You were being controlled" I assured him.
"It was me!" He yelled at me. I was stunned, I've never seen him so angry before. He turned away from me again.
"Natsu..." I went over to him and hugged him. He brushed me off.
"Don't come near me luce. I don't want to hurt you again."
"Oh come on, Natsu! I've been I worse situations! You didn't hurt me"
"Yes I did! You have a scar to prove it"
"It wasn't you! You are sweet and loving, you care about your friends! You play around too much because you're a bit idiotic. Now please don't be like this, please let me comfort you" I opened my arms out to him and closed my eyes. I immediately felt him hold me, i closed my arms and held him. We dropped to the floor and sat down. We both cried into each other.
"What a big baby you are luce" Natsu teased.
"I'm the big baby?" I teased back.
Natsu then gently caressed my cheek then he felt the back of my neck.
"I'm really sorry about that luce..." he said as he caressed my cheek once again.
"it's okay, Natsu. It's okay" I ran my fingers through his hair. We sat quietly by the window of the hospital. We watched as the people of sanctuary hills rebuilt our small but mighty society.
"hey luce,"
"Yea Natsu?"
"Will you marry me?" He looked up to me.
"Y-yes!"
Natsu gave me his signature smile.
"Aww look at you blush, luce."
"You're the cheesy one!"
"Oh yea? You're the one as red as erzas hair!"
"I didn't start this!"
"Yea ya did"
"Nope"
"Yup"

—-

We always thought that now that Zeref was captured we will be at peace. Who knew that there was an even greater danger out there.

Hey guys, I'm going to finish up this other story real quick.
I'm not sure if I wanna make this into a different book or just continue it here. But if you see another Chapter here then you know I made the second choice.
Anyway thanks for reading The Wasteland
The story is mine and the characters are not mine and belong to their rightful owners. Also the fallout game isn't mine either. It's a fun play tho. If you guys play fallout 76 let me know how that is