Bombs

A couple months later

Erza pov

My stomach has been growing a lot and master doesn't allow me to go into the meetings. Although all fairy tail missions are strictly confidential, Jellal tells me new leads on Zeref. We came close once but he got away quickly. His army of 'robots' are down 80 percent , according to levy who hack his system. We can't tell if he's tricking us or if he's really losing this war.
The institute sees him as a threat, but in reality he has done nothing to attack us yet. Master and the other higher ups believe that Zeref is up to something so we must defend ourselves.
"Erza, are you alright?" Jellal asked me.
"Oh sorry, I got lost in my own thoughts" I smiled to him. He smiled back.
"As I always saying, our team now only consists of Natsu, Lucy, Levy and gajeel." Jellal said.
"I heard gray and juvia are expecting a boy" I said.
"Gray was happy but he said he wanted a girl" jellal laughed.
"Anyways, Maybe you could ask mira or laxus?" I suggested.
"I supposed I cou-." BOOM
Jellal and I immediately ducked down in response to the sound. The ground began to shake, along with the windows and everything in the house. BOOM
My ears rung, Jellal was holding me while trying to hold his own ears. BOOM
That was the third time.
My ears rung louder.
"Jellal come in! JELLAL! ERZA! DO YOU READ ME!" I faintly heard. I grabbed my pipboy
"Erza here"
"Attention everyone needs to evacuate to vault 111" I heard on the cities over-com.
"Erza! You're okay!" I recognized levys voice.
"What's going on?" I asked. BOOM
"Someone is attacking us with missiles. You need to get to the vault." Levy replied.
"Aye, we'll be there as fast as we can" I said.
"We have to go." I turned to Jellal.
"Grab your weapons and lets go" Jellal said.
I grabbed a gun and unexpectedly a babies blanket. I had a bad feeling.
BOOM
We ran with our heads low.
"EVERYONE KEEP YOUR HEADS DOWN!" Jellal poked his head up to yell.
"Erza?" I looked to my side and see Mirajane.
"Mira?" She was bleeding. "Are you okay?"
"Sis, come on!" Lisanna said to her.
"We can talk once we get to the vault" I assured her.
There were blast going off all around us. Houses being destroyed, families being torn apart.
I young boy caught my eye. He was crying by a flaming house.
"Erza! Where are you going!" Jellal called to me.
"Hey it's okay..." I held out my hand to him as Jellal called my name.
The boy took my hand , I picked him up and ran as fast as I could to Jellal. I tripped and fell. Jellal picked me up and carried me and the boy.
"I can run now" I told Jellal. He glanced at me and kept running.

—- Vault 111, 1am -—

Jellal held me in his arms as the boy cried in mine.
"Jellal! Erza! We need you in the situation room" Happy came flying towards us.
I ran with the boy in my arms, happy and Jellal by my side.
We opened the doors.
"Erza! Thank god you're okay!" Lucy sighed in relief.
"Luce and I were almost goners..." Natsu said.
"No time for jokes, Natsu" Gray said.
"I'm not joking! One more step and..." Natsu looked at Lucy.
"I got it! It's looks like a man." Levy said as she got live video footage.
"Look he's wearing a lab coat." Juvia pointed out.
"It's Zeref..." Jellal said.

I sat down. The group talked about quick plans, they sent out a defense mechanism that protects the city for about 2 hours. So attacks on it weren't so severe now.
"What's you're name?" The boy asked me, he had tried to stop crying but now he's just taking through his tears.
"My name is Erza Fernandez." I told him.
"I'm Sebastian Diaz" he wiped a tear.
"How old are you sebastian?" I asked him.
"I'm this many." He held up five fingers.
"You're so big" I tried to cheer him up.
"I wasn't big enough" he begun to cry again on my shoulder.
I patted his soft,black hair.
"Erza, what's with the kid?" Gajeel asked. I then realized everyone was staring at me. They were also all geared up and about to leave.
"I saved him" I replied and patted the kids head. They remained quiet, I could tell they felt much sorrow for the boy.
"Erza, we need you and Juvia to stay here. We need you be on the radio with us." Jellal said.
"Aye, stay safe okay?" I told him and kissed his cheek.
"I'm going too" gray said to Juvia.
"Okay dear, please come back to me... alive" Juvia hugged gray. Gray visibly held Juvia tight. It was understandable, I'm not sure if we will survive this but I have hope.
"Luce you ready for this?" Natsu held Lucy's hand.
"As ready as I'll ever be" Lucy nervously smiled. They were obviously both frightened but held on to hope.
"Be swafe" sebastian said. They all looked back and smiled.
Never once in my life did I ever fear death as much as I do now.