Chapter 26 - Revelations

Jamie's touch were so tender, his slender fingers lingering along Joe's flesh and feeling every crevice, pausing for a moment at every one only to form a grip that made Joe's stomach fill with fluttering butterflies. The way Jamie's warm breath echoed beside his ear, brushing past the tiny airs on his neck and causing the hairs the rise. The way Jamie squeezed their bodies together, connecting them in a form of puzzle that Joe had never thought could have been possible. The strength in Jamie's grips, such toughness and aggressiveness when he was near, had caused Joe's heart to skip beats over and over again.

Every grunt that escaped Jamie's lips whenever he thrusted deeper caused Joe's teeth to grit against one another, feeling his mind unable to process this burst in ecstasy that trembled his entire body. It was as if he could feel Jamie's complete soul, every emotion that he had ever experienced was flooding Joe, and it took his breath away.

***

Joe had been staring at Jamie's sleeping face for about an hour. He hadn't been able to fall asleep, not with Jamie's naked body squeezing against him and his warm hands clutching the back of his thigh. Jamie, on the other hand, had fallen asleep the moment they had both been done, without a single word of exchange.

His mind was unable to process what had just happened, the emotions he had felt and the sensations Jamie had put him through, had never been experienced before. It was as if all his nerves had been amplified by a thousand folds, and Joe pinched himself a few times after to see if he was really awake.

Jamie did not shuffle in his sleep. His breath was quiet, did not snore either, and his chest barely rose. His hair was disheveled, and his cheek smothered against the pillow was an adorable sight. His slightly open mouth was causing Joe's hormones to race all over again, and he glanced away for a short second when he felt his body begin to throb.

You pervert, he thought to himself, he's three years younger than you.

Joe could not turn away from him completely though, it was a magical sight that made his stomach feel as if it was rising to his throat. His brain was replaying every single grunt, the exhales against his neck, the fingers gripping his skin, the stiffening of his muscles — and all from staring at Jamie's sleeping face.

Until he heard, "How long are you going to stare at my face for?"

Instantly, his cheeks flared red, and Joe glanced elsewhere when he saw Jamie's eyes open. They were droopy, barely open at all, but the blue eyes were illuminating from the moonlight passing through the open areas of the curtains.

He closed his eyes again, and tightened his grip around Joe, "If you can't sleep like this, I can go sleep on my desk chair."

"No, no," Joe quickly said, shaking his head, "it's alright."

"Really Joe, I can sleep peacefully anywhere." Oh, Joe thought, learning new things about him. "I would fall asleep on rollercoaster rides when I was younger; it really isn't a big deal."

That caused Joe to smile, "How would that even happen?"

"Rides sometimes take a while to start since they have to make sure everyone's seatbelts are on and stuff like that," Jamie chuckled. "During that time, I'd be bored so I'd fall asleep."

"That usually takes maybe a minute, not even."

"I know," he laughed, his fingers lingering across Joe's skin for a moment before returning to his thigh, "it doesn't take long for me to fall asleep."

Joe fell quiet for a moment, before asking quietly, "Would you go with your parents?"

Jamie paused for a moment, and Joe felt his body stiffen. He even shuffled a bit before returning to a comfortable position, before finally responding, "No. My family hated amusement parks."

Jamie was finally opening up to him.

"Who would you go with?"

"My friend," Jamie's tone had changed. "His name was Tyler."

"Oh, the sibling you mentioned."

"Glad you're paying attention."

Joe raised an eyebrow. "Was he older than you?"

"He was seventeen at the time," Jamie recalled, furrowing his brows before adding, "I think I was six."

"Who else would you go with?"

Jamie again paused, before adding, "Only us two." His voice had gotten cold and before Joe could respond, Jamie changed the conversation entirely, "But seriously, if you can't sleep, I'll move."

Even though Joe wanted to hear more about this Tyler, he bit his tongue. Instead, he said, "I'll fall asleep eventually."

"You want me to turn away?"

"No," Joe squeezed himself tighter against Jamie, "it's fine."

"Then what's wrong?" Jamie's eyes opened again. "Why can't you sleep?"

Joe met the questioning gaze of Jamie, and he sighed, "Jamie...I'm not sure about this..."

"I knew you wouldn't be," Jamie breathed quietly. "Besides, you have Connor back around. That's why I've been avoiding you — I was hoping I could get rid of my feelings I have for you before you leave."

Joe felt his heart begin to ache, but what Jamie had said was true. Connor had been the love of his life for years prior to their divorce — they had been married. Connor was a successful man as well, a life that Jamie may never be able to provide for him. He had dreamed about raising children with Connor, travelling around the globe with Connor, growing old with Connor.

And those were dreams he was not yet able to let go.

He sighed, seeing a small smile pull on Jamie's lips. "Clearly it didn't work...because I still don't want you to leave." Jamie shuffled tighter against him and gripped his chin, leaning forward and placing a short peck on Joe's lips. Joe felt his heart skip a breath and Jamie pulled apart, his eyes piercing through Joe and his fingers caressing Joe's curls. "But I know you'll be fine. Don't get your heart broken again."

Joe's breath was stuck in his throat.

A few seconds passed and Jamie pulled apart from
Joe completely. He groaned groggily, stretching his arms and standing from the bed, reaching for his clothes on the ground and placing them back on.

That made Joe raise an eyebrow. "Where are you going?"

"I'm sleeping on the chair," Jamie grumbled before pulling his desk chair and reclining it, moving until he was comfortable. "You have to pack tomorrow so you really have to sl..."

"Jamie, I swear its—" Joe realized Jamie was not listening, since he had already fallen asleep.